200 buckets of ice are waiting in Copley Square for the Boston #IceBucketChallenge. 1pm
1. Have you noticed a lot of people posting videos lately tagged with #IceBucketChallenge?
2. It’s pretty much everywhere you look this summer.
3. The whole meme started with Boston native Peter Frates. Two years ago, he was diagnosed with ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
4. Frates was a star athlete at Boston College and the diagnosis effectively ended his sports career. He’s now working to raise awareness and funds to aid research into the disease.
6. They based it on a game pro golfers were doing for charity and the two causes collided, then the #IceBucketChallenge became a huge thing.