1. Sergio and Gina Capozzi got married in San Diego on Saturday. Their photographer, Belinda Mayberry, decided it’d cute to grab a few photos on the beach.
2. Mayberry told BuzzFeed that Gina saw a spot by the water she liked and they all went over to grab a photo. Which, as it turns out, wasn’t the best idea…
3. Because this happened…
The couple didn’t mind getting soaked though. Mayberry said there was a crowd on the beach clapping and cheering them on.
4. Sergio posted the amazing photo on Reddit, where it quickly blew up. He told users that they aren’t as close to the water as it looks, they just got hit by a rogue wave.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›