1. Ellen DeGeneres decided to top her previous Oscars selfie by cramming as many celebrities into a photo as possible.
2. Unfortunately, Bradley Cooper’s tiny arms couldn’t get the entire crowd in it.
3. But it seems to have been a pretty big hit with users. The tweet broke 100,000 retweets in just a few minutes.
5. Of course, The Academy doesn’t seem to be too upset about it…
6. Update: As of 10:40 p.m., Ellen’s tweet beat Barack Obama’s “4 More Years” tweet in retweets, making it the most retweeted tweet on Twitter.
7. Then, 15 minutes after breaking the record for most amount of retweets, it became the first tweet to break a million retweets.
8. As of Sunday night, Barack Obama’s tweet has only been retweeted a little under 800,000 times.
9. UPDATE: By 1:43 a.m., Ellen’s tweet had been retweeted over 2 million times.
10. Ellen then confirmed on air that during the break she had been contacted by Twitter, which said that the tweet’s activity had caused outages on the service.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- Joyce Mitchell, the prison worker who accused of helping two inmates escape from a New York prison, pleaded guilty and faces up to seven years in prison.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈