1. So it turns out that the Applebee’s in Times Square is throwing a New Year’s Eve rager. The whole thing costs $375-per-person.
2. According to Times Square’s New Year’s Eve website, that $375-per-person covers an open bar and an Applebee’s buffet.
Join us for a night you won’t forget. We have two locations in the Heart of Times Square/Theatre District “Lock Down Zone”
Our 50th Street location, the World’s Largest Applebee’s has 3 levels of Fun! Enter this location with our very own LIVE BALL in the lobby, continue on to the second or third floors with a Live DJ on each floor, Premium Open Bar, Satellite Stations, Premium Chef Selection buffets, Dessert Stations, party favors and more.
3. If that price seems a little too steep for you, T.G.I. Friday’s is offering their own New Year’s bash for only $299.99-per-person.
4. And according to their party’s listing page, it looks like they’re offering the same kind of thing.
America’s Favorite Bistro with NYC flair. Surround yourself with all the excitement, food and fun TGIFriday’s® always offers. With a location in the heart of Times Square, New Year’s Eve 2014 will be a night to remember.
• Premium Open Bar
• Passed Hors D’oeuvres
• Dinner Buffet
• Live DJ
• Midnight Champagne Toast
• Hats & Noise Makers
5. The buzz around Applebee’s big party isn’t exactly a resounding “hell yeah!”:
You can spend $375 to dine at Applebee’s on New Year’s Eve or you can stay home and keep your dignity intact. http://t.co/vO1JehSQ0F
Celebrate New Yearâ€™s at Applebeeâ€™s â€” for $375 per person http://t.co/MTcdlfDqdS Nope.
Umm Applebee’s? I’m confused RT @digg: The Applebee’s in Times Square is offering a $375-per-person New Yearâ€™s feast: http://t.co/pu7ZVbGmxi
#No RT @HonorbleMention: Celebrate New Year’s at Applebee’s for $375 per person http://t.co/PeM4YOkdF7
Uh, no… “@jonahkeri: Who’s coming with me to Applebee’s Times Square location on New Year’s Eve for $375 a plate? http://t.co/EO1GV6rlp5”
Veronica de Souza
what does $375 worth of Applebees food/booze even look like?