2. It quickly set off a firestorm on Twitter with users who were live-tweeting the event. Many claimed they were switching over to Pepsi.
5. Others insisted that Coke as a brand was now un-American, or even communist.
9. While many others were furious that an American brand would release a Super Bowl commercial in any language other than English.
11. Others took it even further, calling Coca-Cola terrorists.
16. It also inspired a handful of hashtags, including #SpeakAmerican…
18. And the #boycottcoke.
21. Interestingly enough, very few people noticed the fact that the commercial also included a gay couple.
23. Judge for yourself:
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.