1. If you don’t know already, this is George R.R. Martin, author of Game of Thrones.
4. His books are full of characters that are amazing, and you grow to love them and then…
6. Sometimes you start to wonder if he’s just completely messing with you.
7. And the worst part is when he’s asked about it. He TAUNTS you.
10. Look at this face: This is the face of a murderer.
13. Giving you just enough time to fall in love with a character and then…
14. Boom. Dead. He cuts their head off or fills them with arrows. Or worse!
15. And the worst part is, when he’s asked why he does it, he has a perfectly reasonable explanation.
16. He’s an amazing author who has a lot of really wonderful things to say about reading.
20. And there STILL isn’t a clear due date on the last two books in the series.
21. Dammit, George, stop saying smart and wonderful things and just finish the dang series.
22. Even though it’s pretty clear what’s going to happen in the end.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- BuzzFeed News looks at the fourth anniversary of Mark Duggan's death, an unarmed black man who was shot and killed by police in north London. The shooting sparked England-wide riots in 2011.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.