1. If you don’t know already, this is George R.R. Martin, author of Game of Thrones.
4. His books are full of characters that are amazing, and you grow to love them and then…
6. Sometimes you start to wonder if he’s just completely messing with you.
7. And the worst part is when he’s asked about it. He TAUNTS you.
10. Look at this face: This is the face of a murderer.
13. Giving you just enough time to fall in love with a character and then…
14. Boom. Dead. He cuts their head off or fills them with arrows. Or worse!
15. And the worst part is, when he’s asked why he does it, he has a perfectly reasonable explanation.
16. He’s an amazing author who has a lot of really wonderful things to say about reading.
20. And there STILL isn’t a clear due date on the last two books in the series.
21. Dammit, George, stop saying smart and wonderful things and just finish the dang series.
22. Even though it’s pretty clear what’s going to happen in the end.
Ryan Broderick is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty, his attorney said. He is accused of killing nine people at a Charleston church in June.
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.