1. You get really excited when you see this. And you know exactly how far you are from Pullman.
We’ve all taken at least one picture in front of this thing.
2. You have a slightly irregular reaction (to people who didn’t go to WSU) to the color purple.
You don’t know what it is, but every time you see a Husky fan, you want to break into that chant we all know…
3. Your mastery of the saying “Go Cougs” knows no bounds. You can use it as a salutation, exclamation, questions - you name it!
The “Go Cougs” saying is an internationally-known phenomenon and actually happens without much thinking upon seeing someone around the globe wearing WSU gear.
4. You wake up early on Saturdays when the Cougs are away just to watch Ol’ Crimson fly.
And you dream of it happening in Pullman one day. One day…
5. You have/had Cougar Calves.
Seriously… how is everything uphill in Pullman?
6. You know your school’s fight song (coughuwcough) and break it out whenever needed (which is often).
Even Tom Tuttle from Tacoma, Washington belts one out for WSU.
7. You spent as much time at The Dunes as you could before classes got too heavy (and even stayed for Summer school just to enjoy them longer).
A couple hundred of your closest friends on a sand bar with no restrooms in sight? Sounds like a great time.
8. You judge all other cheeses against the measuring stick that is Cougar Gold.
You even perfected your cheese tin rolling in case you were called upon to perform the duties at the Seattle Game.
9. This kid made the USWNT’s win over Japan all that much sweeter for you.
That kid has been offered countless beers (when he’s of age of course) at more tailgates than he’ll ever have time for.
10. You had some pretty good times in this place.
When you go back you still try to see if you recognize any of the names on the wall…
11. You’ve fallen/seen someone slip and fall/almost fell/fell but no one saw you so did you really fall here?
Seriously… in the winter this becomes a giant ice rink
12. This song was on your winamp playlist and now is on your iPod…still.
14. You feel a certain kinship with this guy (especially if you were in Comms).
Murrow was a pimp.
15. You knew not to even try to go to Sella’s on home football weekends.
Or here for that matter…
But brunch was still almost worth the wait… OK, yeah it was.
16. You’re probably better off just ordering some of these. Remember these?
17. And you know you went to WSU if you are always looking forward to the next time you can go back.
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›