1. Your average number of texts-per-day skyrockets. Seriously, when are you not texting each other?
2. And, of course, most of those texts make no sense because they’re so littered with inside jokes.
3. You’ve programmed your phone to tell you the time and weather report for where they are now.
4. You plan your weekends around the two-hour Skype date you have scheduled.
5. If you weren’t already “Best Friends” on Snapchat, you are now.
6. You always have leftovers because you’re used to cooking for two.
7. Your Facebook timeline is monopolized by links from them.
8. You begrudgingly do fun things with other people, knowing that everything would be a billion times more fun with your absent biffle.
9. You’ve become a more responsible drinker because you no longer have a guaranteed caretaker.
10. Your dating game is off because you’re not used to making romantic decisions without hours of BFF-consultation first.
11. While talking to other people, you find yourself telling a lot of stories that end with “… I guess you had to be there.”
12. You keep finding your BFF’s clothes in your closet. And you wear them, unabashedly.
13. Nearly all of your #throwbackthursday pictures are of the two of you.
14. Whenever you have a funny experience, you immediately start composing the way you’ll relay it to your BFF.
15. You’ve started saving up to visit them. In fact, you started that the moment they left.
16. When you have a bad day, you literally don’t know what to do with yourself.
17. When the town they’re in makes the news, you immediately bring it to their attention, no matter how irrelevant or obscure the information is.
18. You’ve found creative ways to say “I miss you” because you say it way too much.
19. You have your calendar marked for your reunion, no matter how far off it is.
20. Seriously, the anticipation is making you all sorts of incoherent.
21. It’s OK because when you finally reunite, it will be well worth the wait.
In The News Today
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald have won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Grace Lee Boggs, Detroit activist and civil rights pioneer, has died at the age of 100, according to the Boggs Center. ›