1. We woke up at the crack of dawn and we waited for cronuts.
2. We called in sick to work and we waited in line for the Rain Room.
3. We made the trek to Smorgasburg and waited in a long line of hipsters for ramen burgers.
4. We waited proudly and nervously for the verdict on Prop 8 and DOMA.
5. We waited, trying not to laugh, for the next time Anthony Weiner would put his foot in his mouth.
6. And then we waited nervously for the results of the mayoral elections.
7. We waited with our camera phones ready to see Banksy’s controversial truck drive by.
8. And then we waited sneakily to catch another cheap Banksy surprise street sale.
9. We waited on hold with a billion Time Warner employees to get our WiFi working.
10. We waited, half in tears, for someone to say that the 5 Pointz demolition was an elaborate hoax.
(Still waiting, btw.)
11. Speaking of art, we dressed fly all year, waiting for the day we’d be photographed by HONY.
12. We waited for our friends to get Citi Bike subscriptions and tell us if it’s a worthy investment.
13. The Insta-addicts amongst us waited SIX HOURS outside this Chelsea gallery to take “the trendiest selfie in town.”
14. We waited ecstatically as, one by one, every business that was hit by Sandy reopened its doors.
15. We waited to see what having WiFi on the subway would actually be like.
(And we still haven’t decided.)
16. We waited proudly for One World Trade Center* to be done being built! SO CLOSE!
*And we waited to get used to not referring to it as “Freedom Tower.” Still waiting on both of these.
17. We waited with our hearts full of hope (and our wallets full of despair) for the iPhone 5S.
18. Speaking of iPhones, we waited through rain and shine and snow and storms, for our Ubers to arrive.
19. We waited a couple of seconds for the lights to change before we decided to give up and just jaywalk again.
20. As we do every year, we waited for the summer to end because it was too hot. Then we waited for the winter to end because it’s too damn cold.
- President Obama apologized to Doctors Without Borders for the airstrike that killed 22 people at a clinic in Afghanistan. ›
- The U.S. Coast Guard said it will suspend the search for the crew of El Faro, the cargo ship that went missing in the Caribbean during Hurricane Joaquin last week. ›
- Hillary Clinton says she's "not in favor" of the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the 12-nation trade deal championed by President Obama. ›