1. We woke up at the crack of dawn and we waited for cronuts.
2. We called in sick to work and we waited in line for the Rain Room.
3. We made the trek to Smorgasburg and waited in a long line of hipsters for ramen burgers.
4. We waited proudly and nervously for the verdict on Prop 8 and DOMA.
5. We waited, trying not to laugh, for the next time Anthony Weiner would put his foot in his mouth.
6. And then we waited nervously for the results of the mayoral elections.
7. We waited with our camera phones ready to see Banksy’s controversial truck drive by.
8. And then we waited sneakily to catch another cheap Banksy surprise street sale.
9. We waited on hold with a billion Time Warner employees to get our WiFi working.
10. We waited, half in tears, for someone to say that the 5 Pointz demolition was an elaborate hoax.
(Still waiting, btw.)
11. Speaking of art, we dressed fly all year, waiting for the day we’d be photographed by HONY.
12. We waited for our friends to get Citi Bike subscriptions and tell us if it’s a worthy investment.
13. The Insta-addicts amongst us waited SIX HOURS outside this Chelsea gallery to take “the trendiest selfie in town.”
14. We waited ecstatically as, one by one, every business that was hit by Sandy reopened its doors.
15. We waited to see what having WiFi on the subway would actually be like.
(And we still haven’t decided.)
16. We waited proudly for One World Trade Center* to be done being built! SO CLOSE!
*And we waited to get used to not referring to it as “Freedom Tower.” Still waiting on both of these.