1. Because this is what peace of mind looks like.
2. Because these are shades of blue and green that don’t even exist in the rest of the world.
3. Because there is no sound as calming as waves washing onto a secluded beach.
4. And nothing more relaxing than the cool shade of trees on a hot, sunny day.
Via Flickr: igorms
5. Because the entire world glows a perfect orange for every sunrise and sunset.
7. The ocean reflects it.
8. Because every dramatic turn of the landscape is more breathtaking than the last.
12. Imagine laying on this grass for hours, letting the noisy, bustling world turn without you.
Via Flickr: jonicdao
14. Or being on this boat, afloat in a haven of peace and quiet.
15. Or on this swing, perched over a perfect view for miles ahead of you.
16. Because this is the ideal meeting place for the old and the new, for the modern and the traditional.
18. Yet re-enter the 21st century whenever you want to.
In The News Today
- With head clerk Kim Davis jailed, Rowan County issues its first same-sex marriage license since the Supreme Court's June decision. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria, Prime Minister David Cameron announced. ›
- The drowned Syrian boy, whose picture caused outrage around the world, has been buried together with his mother and 5-year-old brother. ›