1. You drive past majestic architecture every time you leave your house.
6. Sure, Starbucks is always an option, but you know where to get the really good stuff.
7. All global fast food is made infinitely better by adding in some local flavor.
11. Whether or not you wear a hijab, burkah, abaya, dishdasha, kufiya, etc., you know that swag is an integral part of the outfit.
12. There’s no better feeling than cheering on your team in the Gulf Cup.
13. Or in the impromptu football matches that happen on the beach every evening.
And if you couldn’t find a soccer ball, a crushed soda can would do.
15. You love waking up to the calming sound of the morning azan.
16. You’re a great driver, because it took you five tries to pass your driving test.
But you still know to stay off the roads before Iftaar.
20. You’ve had way too much fun running around the aisles of this crazy, hyper one-stop shop.
21. You’ve gotten really good at piecing together the plots of movies, despite the missing scenes.
Also, Arabic subtitles/dubbing makes everything more entertaining.