2. “I noticed that of the 6-7 people who spent the night on that road divider every night, this man and his dog were always together, on the same blanket,” he told BuzzFeed in an email.
3. So, being a journalist, Shiv naturally began photographing this spot on his morning commute whenever he got a chance. He posted them on his personal Facebook in a series called #ManDogOnRoad.
4. “Since I drove every day to work just as the sun rose, I would see them just before they woke,” Shiv said. “Sometimes I’d miss them. Or the dog would still be asleep. But they were clearly man and dog!”
This photo was captioned: “No dog today. Probably off running errands. #ManDogOnRoad”
5. And, a couple of days later: “Monday. The dog is back. Man’s gone. #ManDogOnRoad”
6. “Tuesday: No dog. No man. #ManDogOnRoad”
7. “Friday: Dog’s back. #ManDogOnRoad”
8. Over time, as Shiv’s curiosity about this man grew, the dog revealed a clue as to his profession.
“Monday: Man’s profession now known. Dog awake, across road. #ManDogOnRoad”
9. “I had to stop my car and take a look every day,” Shiv said. “I did think I was prying. But they became a part of my morning. There’s really no other way to say it.”
“Tuesday: Man wakes up. Dog stays in bed. #ManDogOnRoad”
10. Even if the man chose to sleep in, the dog was ready for rickshaw duty.
11. Which clearly happened a fair amount.
12. But the most adorable pictures are from when both hit snooze together.
13. Shiv almost always went unnoticed. Almost.
“Dog’s expression: ‘Abbe, aa gaya yaar.’ #ManDogOnRoad”
14. And, on June 18, Shiv posted this picture to Facebook with the caption “Final post. #ManDogOnRoad”
Several of Shiv’s friends and followers, who had grown attached to updates about this man and his loyal companion, posted dismayed comments asking where they had gone. “We will miss them,” one said.