1. When bodily functions are no longer something you try to keep secret.
5. And then when you become Facebook friends/texting buddies with each others’ parents.
6. The point at which you have so many code words that you’re not really speaking English anymore.
7. And so many inside jokes that anyone who hangs out with the two of you thinks you’re insane.
9. When people start asking where your S.O. is if you ever show up to a party alone.
10. When you can no longer remember a time that you didn’t owe each other money.
11. The first time you admit your non-PC thoughts to each other.
13. The first time you wake up together and don’t even pretend to care about the morning breath.
14. Ditto for makeup and unwanted body hair and personal hygiene.
16. The moment you both admit (and accept) the crushes you have on other people.
17. The first time you discuss poop seriously and in detail.
19. When you no longer have to ask them what they want when you’re ordering food for the both of you.
Same goes for coffee and alcohol.