1. You have the physical ability to drink as much as you want, and the disposable income to afford it.
NBC / Via giphy.com
2. You’re just starting out your full-time career, so going to work is still a fun novelty.
Comedy Central / Via gurl.com
3. You’re old enough to get romantically serious if you want to, but there’s no pressure to do so.
20th Century Fox / Via glamour.com
4. Getting asked for ID at bars isn’t terrifying, and doesn’t throw you into emotional turmoil.
HBO / Via jessismoreblog.com
5. Unless you VOLUNTARILY CHOSE to go to grad school, this is the first time in yeeeears that you have no homework.
6. You can hold your own in grown-up conversations with late twentysomethings, or people in their thirties.
NBC / Via wifflegif.com
7. And you’re clued in enough to keep up with kids younger than you too.
Universal Pictures / Via wifflegif.com
8. You can still enjoy the occasional night at a club or a loud bar, without feeling like dying.
9. And you feel absolutely no FOMO while having a pantsless bed + Netflix + Nutella night either.
10. Your parents no longer see you as a little baby, so you can hang out as friends.
Paramount Pictures / Via gifbase.com
11. You have all your grown-up firsts, like your first business card. There is literally nothing more exciting.
Lions Gate / Via 1851project.com
12. And your first real world apartment = trips to Ikea, and wacky interior decor experiments. It’s like playing house, but FOR REAL.
20th Century Fox / Via celaeno.soup.io
13. You’re past 21 — i.e., the most high-pressure age of all.
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO YOLO?
14. This is when you figure out who your real friends are, because friendship is no longer based on who lives in your dorm.
NBC / Via fyeahfriendsgifs.tumblr.com
15. You’re old enough to remember the nineties and aughts, aka the pop culture golden age.
16. But also totally up to date with today’s insane and inexplicable happenings too.
MTV / Via hollyscoop.com
17. You have the authority to complain about both college life and the real world.
Universal Pictures / Via bbawhisperer.blogspot.com
18. Fun bonus: College kids constantly want your life and career advice, so you get to act wise.
19. Your awful college lifestyle is out of the way, so you can finally pay attention to your body and get healthy.
Focus Features / Via mashable.com
20. And your brain’s got some developing years left too, so you can squeeze in some new skillz.
Warner Bros / Via gurl.com