1. You have the physical ability to drink as much as you want, and the disposable income to afford it.
2. You’re just starting out your full-time career, so going to work is still a fun novelty.
3. You’re old enough to get romantically serious if you want to, but there’s no pressure to do so.
4. Getting asked for ID at bars isn’t terrifying, and doesn’t throw you into emotional turmoil.
5. Unless you VOLUNTARILY CHOSE to go to grad school, this is the first time in yeeeears that you have no homework.
6. You can hold your own in grown-up conversations with late twentysomethings, or people in their thirties.
7. And you’re clued in enough to keep up with kids younger than you too.
8. You can still enjoy the occasional night at a club or a loud bar, without feeling like dying.
9. And you feel absolutely no FOMO while having a pantsless bed + Netflix + Nutella night either.
10. Your parents no longer see you as a little baby, so you can hang out as friends.
11. You have all your grown-up firsts, like your first business card. There is literally nothing more exciting.
12. And your first real world apartment = trips to Ikea, and wacky interior decor experiments. It’s like playing house, but FOR REAL.
13. You’re past 21 — i.e., the most high-pressure age of all.
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO YOLO?