WASHINGTON, DC — Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi will announce tomorrow whether she intends to step down or stay on for another term as the top Democrat in the House.
“I love you all very dearly, but I thought I’d tell my caucus first,” Pelosi told reporters Tuesday.
Pelosi has held the top slot among Democrats in the House for 10 years, a decade that saw her lead her party to control of the House, only to lose it again in 2010, and that turned her into one of the most famous women in the history of American politics.
Although Democrats will remain in the minority after this election, Pelosi was upbeat as she trotted out the new members of her party’s caucus at a press conference Tuesday.
“We may not have the majority. We may not have the gavel. But we have unity,” she said.
Pelosi was joined by Rep. Steve Israel, the head of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, who touted the demographic makeup of House Democrats — the most female- and minority-rich in the history of the caucus.
“The Republican caucus looks like a rerun of Mad Men,” Israel said. “Our caucus looks like America.”
“With these new members, the Tea Party starts to roll back, and we can begin to move forward,” he added.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- bryanw9 thinks Pelosi Could Step Down Tomorrow is Old
- Arie Tharp Pelosi Could Step Down Tomorrow and thinks it’s WTF, LOL & Win
- annief4 Pelosi Could Step Down Tomorrow and thinks it’s Win
- ionginger thinks Pelosi Could Step Down Tomorrow is Win
- Ziggster thinks Pelosi Could Step Down Tomorrow is OMG
- seamuscampbell thinks Pelosi Could Step Down Tomorrow is WTF
- patrickb20 thinks Pelosi Could Step Down Tomorrow is Win
- manifestjoy thinks Pelosi Could Step Down Tomorrow is Win