1. The bushes and clouds in Super Mario Bros are the same, just colored differently.
The Nasa Vehicle Assembly Building has its own rainclouds.
3. In 1903 the Wright brothers flew for 59 seconds. 38 years later the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. 28 years after that, we landed on the moon.
4. When a male bee climaxes, their testicles explode then they die.
5. Cleopatra lived closer in time to the first Moon landing than to the building of the Great Pyramid.
6. Duck Hunt is two player. A controller in port 2 controls the ducks.
7. There are more fake flamingos in the world than real flamingos.
8. The adult human has two to nine pounds of bacteria in his or her body.
9. Blue whales heart is the size of a VW Beetle and that you could swim through some of its arteries.
10. Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.
11. All of the gold mined in the history of the world would more or less fit into a 20x20x20 meter cube.
A total of 165,000 tonnes of gold have been mined in human history, as of 2009.1 This is roughly equivalent to 5.3 billion troy ounces or, in terms of volume, about 8,500 cubic meters, or a 20.4m cube.
12. There are more atoms in a single glass of water, than glasses of water in all the oceans of the Earth.
14. Martin Sheen’s original name was Ramon Estevez. He had two sons, Emilio and Carlos. Emilio kept the Estevez, but Carlos changed his name to Charlie Sheen. He changed his stage name to ride the coattails of his father’s changed stage name.
15. Alcohol is considered a performance-enhancing drug in competitive shooting competitions.
16. Once Charlie Chaplin entered a contest for “Charlie Chaplin look-alikes” and he came in third.
17. If you shuffle a deck of cards, chances are that the new order of playing cards has never existed before.
18. Of all the people in history that have reached 65 years of age, half of them are living right now.
19. Fold over a piece of paper 42 times and it will reach the moon
20. Pirates wear eye patches so that they can see in the dark.
When they go to a lower deck with poor lighting, they can remove the patch and see better with that eye since it’s used to the dark, whereas the other eye would take several minutes to adjust to the change in light.
21. It took thousands of years after domesticating the horse to invent the stirrup.
23. You replace every particle in your body every seven years. You are literally not the same person you were 7 years ago.
24. When your mother was born, she was already carrying the egg that would become you.
25. A tree is the opposite of your lungs. Physically and functionally.
27. The sun is 400x further from the earth than the moon, but the moon is 400x smaller than the sun.
28. All the humans on the planet could fit into 1 cubic mile.
30. If there was no space between any of its atoms, Earth would be the size of a baseball.
31. If you put all the earth’s ants in one pile, and all the earth’s humans in another pile, the pile made of ants would be bigger (have more mass).
33. Sloths mistakenly grab their arms instead of the branches of a tree, and they fall to their deaths.
34. Penguins will give their mate a pebble as a way of proposing.
35. Butterflies are cannibals.
37. A small percentage of static on televisions is actually radioactive resonance from the big bang 13 billion years ago.
38. It takes a photon, on average, 200,000 years to travel from the core of the Sun to the surface, then just a little over 8 minutes from the Sun’s surface to your eyeball
43. There is a species of jellyfish that is immortal (turritopsis nutricula).
44. The largest air force in the world is the US Air Force. The second largest air force in the world is the US Navy.
46. A Nintendo had over twice the computing power of the first lunar lander.
49. If a man never cut his beard, by the time he dies it would be 30 feet long.
50. 1 sperm has 37.5MB of DNA information in it. That means a normal ejaculation represents a data transfer of 1587GB in about 3 seconds
51. The population of Ireland is still 2 million less than it was before the potato famine, 160 years ago.
52. The last president that wasn’t a Republican or Democrat was Millard Fillmore in 1853
54. The USA is an older country than Germany.
Germany became one country only in 1871.
55. Napoleon was not unusually short. The French inch was longer than the British inch, so while he was thought to be 5’2” by most of the world, in reality he was closer to 5’7”, an average height for a Frenchman.
56. If you keep going North, you will eventually go South. If you keep going East, you will never go West.
58. There is a garbage swirl in the ocean the size of Texas.
59. Black HP printer ink costs roughly 1,400 times as much as crude oil, gallon for gallon.
60. George Washington spent about 7% of his annual salary on booze.
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.