1. Cut a notch in your patio chairs for an instant wineglass holder.
2. Know How to Cure a Hangover and Detox
4. Use vodka in pie crust to make it wonderful and flaky.
Alcohol doesn’t form gluten, which makes bread “rubbery.”
5. Capsaicin, the chemical that makes peppers hot, is not water-soluble but is alcohol-soluble. If you eat a pepper that’s too hot, take a swig of vodka.
6. Make a $3 wine taste like $30 wine by “aerating” it in a blender for 30 seconds.
8. Use your toaster rack to dry your wineglasses.
It allows all the liquid drain and evaporate so your next glass of wine doesn’t have any residue.
9. Make your own vanilla extract by slicing six or seven vanilla beans lengthwise, dropping them in a cheap bottle of vodka, shaking it up, and waiting a month.
Take a few vanilla beans and slice them lengthwise. Then, pour a couple ounces out of your bottle of vodka. Drop the vanilla beans into the bottle and shake it up to make sure it’s all mixed. Then, wait a month or so, shaking up the bottle on a daily basis.
12. Vodka spouts are perfect for olive oil.
14. Liquor + food coloring + Listerine bottle = cruise ship liquor!
15. Breathe out after taking a sip of strong booze.
By taking a casual breath in prior to your high-proof sip, you’ll exhale afterward and push the fumes out.
By doing this you’ll actually taste the good stuff you paid for. The aromatics are much clearer when not obliterated by ethanol fumes.
17. How to beat a hangover:
18. Got a price tag, sticker, or label that just won’t peel off? Try vodka.
19. Need to quickly cool a bottle of wine or beer? Wrap it in a wet towel, THEN put it in the freezer.
20. No corkscrew? No problem.
22. Filter your cheap vodka with a Brita filter for nicer vodka.
Then pour it into a Grey Goose bottle. No one will know the difference.
23. Use rubber bands to keep track of your glasses at parties.
24. Wine + dish soap + water = dead fruit flies. Works better than vinegar.
25. Remove a red wine stain from carpet with salt and some white wine.
26. To get a streak-free shine on your wineglasses, dry them with a coffee filter.
28. Use a beer koozie to hold and protect your portable hard drive.
30. Host a BBQ. Tell friends to bring beer. You’ll end up with plenty of extra booze.
31. To eliminate the itchiness of a poison ivy rash, pour vodka on it.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.