2. This is Chris Koch, a 35-year-old farmer and rancher in Alberta, Canada. He’s pretty amazing.
4. See, Koch was born without any arms or legs. But he never lets that stop him from being totally awesome.
5. “When I tell people I’m a farmer, I’m pretty sure people are like, ‘Yeah, right,’” he said.
The farmer and motivational speaker was featured on the OWN Network’s Steep Your Soul series.
6. Koch was raised in the town’s small farming community, but he said he was never treated like he had a disability, and it helped make him independent.
“Talking to my dad I asked him, ‘What did you do differently with me than you would’ve with any other kid?’ And he said, ‘Nothing.’ So my independence is almost endless now because of their approach.”
7. There are plenty of things that Chris can’t do. “I cannot swim to save my life. You drop a bowling ball and me at the same time and I will beat the bowling ball to the bottom, nine times out of …. Nine,” he said.
8. But for the most part, nothing holds him back.
He’s been driving a tractor (with help from a 2×4 to reach the pedals) since he was “nine or 10.”
9. I mean, he can golf, ski, snowboard, and play the piano. And do this.
10. Plus, he’s got an awesome sense of humor.
“I was handing out Halloween candy one year and kids were like, ‘Oh, awesome costume!’ I was like, ‘I’m wearing jeans and a T-shirt, this isn’t a costume. This is me!’”
11. Koch hopes to inspire others to live their life to their greatest potential, like he has.
“Some people are ashamed of their freckles, some people are ashamed of that spare tire around their waist,” he said. “… I think if you’re worried about how you look you’re cheating yourself out of opportunities.”