1. The gods of Pinterest and all things trendy have teamed up to manifest the latest twee trend for this summer: flowerbeards.
3. They’re pretty self-explanatory.
5. And also weirdly beautiful — in an unabashedly hipster-y way.
7. The putting-things-in-beards trend was pioneered earlier this year by Pierre Thiot and his awesomely bizarre Will It Beard Tumblr project.
Thiot puts stuff like noodles, straws, and Legos in his beard to see if they’ll stick.
9. But it appears that his flowerbeard picture was the inspiration for many hairy copycats around the world.
11. From epically long ZZ Top beards…
13. To bitty beards-in-training.
15. Famous (likely photoshopped) beards…
17. And plenty of smoking-hot hair-covered faces in between.
19. Sometimes just a few flowers will do the trick to liven up a bare beard.
21. And sometimes the beard will just call for a whole bouquet.
23. It’s probably good to let the beard feel out the situation.
25. Get comfortable.
27. Settle in to their new whimsically floral lifestyle.
29. And get ready for lots of female attention.
31. Because your face looks like a straight-up Pinterest board.
33. Bless the internet, and beards everywhere.
- Justice Antonin Scalia, who served almost 30 years on the Supreme Court as one of its most prominent and influential conservative voices, died Saturday. He was 79.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated for the first time since Donald Trump's win in New Hampshire, and it got intense.
- Bitterly cold temperatures and arctic winds began freezing large swathes of the U.S. Northeast ❄️