1. UPDATED — Aug. 18, 9:18 a.m. ET:
2. Guardians of the Galaxy star and talented hair-braider Chris Pratt got around to jumping on the Ice Bucket Challenge bandwagon and filmed his own short clip.
4. Because he was nominated twice, Pratt decides to chug a little bottle of Blue Ice vodka, and even ices himself by downing a Smirnoff Ice (ick).
5. Then he gets gleefully doused by who appears to be his wife, actress Anna Faris, and a friend.
“That one went down my buttcrack!” he yells after the second bucketful.
6. Gloriously drenched, Pratt challenges co-stars Gregory Smith, Nick Offerman, and Dave Bautista, so the next few days could be pretty entertaining.
Side note to any haters: It may seem pointless, but all of the awareness for ALS because of the Ice Bucket Challenge led to the ALS Association raising $13.3 million so far, compared to $1.7 million during the same time period (July 29 to Aug. 17) a year ago.
7. UPDATE: Nick Offerman accepted Chris Pratt’s challenge.
This post previously misidentified the vodka bottle as Blue Sky vodka. It is actually Blue Ice, which is much more appropriate.
- Wes Craven, who directed "Scream" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street," has died of brain cancer. He was 76. ›
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›