1. Eleven-year-old artist Dušan Krtolica takes doodling to the next level with his incredibly detailed pen-and-pencil drawings of wildlife.
4. The fifth grader from Belgrade began to draw at two years old, and already had two national solo exhibitions by the time he turned eight. His fourth exhibition reportedly took place last month.
7. Dušan drawings tend to feature animals that are both alive and extinct, ranging from birds, insects, prehistoric animals, but also people like medieval knights.
10. The young artist has a great memory for biology, and can recite all 65 species of marsupials by heart. After his parents gave him an animal encyclopedia, it took him less than three weeks to learn everything in it.
13. “I would have studied animals and published a book about them, but I’m going to draw all of them,” Dušan told Oddity Central.
16. Despite his incredible talent, the 11-year-old said he hopes to become a zoologist when he grows up.
19. See more at Dušan’s blog.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.