1. A fancy new hybrid grape is all the rage these days with NYC chefs and awards show caterers alike.
2. They were served at this year’s Emmy Awards Governor’s Ball, daintily perched atop a filet of beef.
5. These strange grapes, which are apparently very sweet and juicy, were developed by a specialty vineyard in California called Grapery.
The company also grows a grape variety that they say tastes exactly like cotton candy.
6. As Grapery’s CEO proudly notes, “They’re so big it takes two bites sometimes.”
But, he assures viewers, they’re bred naturally from crossing existing grape breeds and don’t involve any genetic modification.
7. There’s currently a green variety in development, too.
But purple seems much witchier, if you ask me.
8. You can order them from Fresh Direct or buy them at some grocery stores.
But hurry up, because they’re only in season for a limited time in August.
- Google introduced a redesigned logo. It's the biggest change to the logo since 1999. ›