1. A fancy new hybrid grape is all the rage these days with NYC chefs and awards show caterers alike.
2. They were served at this year’s Emmy Awards Governor’s Ball, daintily perched atop a filet of beef.
3. And the best part is the grape’s official name: WITCH FINGERS.
5. These strange grapes, which are apparently very sweet and juicy, were developed by a specialty vineyard in California called Grapery.
The company also grows a grape variety that they say tastes exactly like cotton candy.
6. As Grapery’s CEO proudly notes, “They’re so big it takes two bites sometimes.”
But, he assures viewers, they’re bred naturally from crossing existing grape breeds and don’t involve any genetic modification.
7. There’s currently a green variety in development, too.
But purple seems much witchier, if you ask me.
8. You can order them from Fresh Direct or buy them at some grocery stores.
But hurry up, because they’re only in season for a limited time in August.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›