You know why April 2 is special, right?
Yeah, that’s right. It’s NATIONAL PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY DAY.
Peanut butter and jelly, or, as we affectionately refer to it, PB&J, is arguably the greatest food pairing in human history.
I mean, is that a tower of glory or is that a tower of glory? The sweet! The salty! The creamy! The crunchy! Can peanut butter and jelly have it all? YES, YES THEY CAN.
And yeah, PB&J sandwiches, especially many-layered sandwiches, are great. But when they start to seem a little stale, don’t let the inevitable onset of sandwich ennui slow your roll. There are so many other ways to enjoy this blessed union. Here are just a few.
2. PB&J French Toast Sandwich
Breakfast/lunch fusion at its finest. Recipe here.
3. DIY Uncrustables!
WHY did I never think of this? Recipe here.
4. PB&J Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache
Overachiever’s dream cupcake. Recipe here.
5. PB&J Pie
My, what pretty jam smears you have! Recipe here.
6. PB&J Sandwich Cookies
Like a sandwich, but a COOKIE. Recipe here.
7. PB&J Smoothie
True fact: Peanut butter is a smoothie’s best friend. Recipe here.
8. Chocolate PB&J Cups
These take a little doing, but there’s a 99% chance they’re delicious. Recipe here.
9. PB&J Muffins
Muffins full of treasure. Recipe here.
10. PB&J Potato Chip Thumbprint Cookies
Adding potato chips was never a bad idea, ever. Recipe here.
11. Grilled PB&J Sandwich
Borrowing a smart trick from the ol’ cheese playbook. Recipe here.
12. PB&J Blondies
Bake sale dynamite right there. Recipe here.
13. PB&J Pancakes (Gluten-Free)
Jelly makes an excellent structural stabilizer. Recipe here.
14. PB&J Crème Brûlée
For the discerning, refined PB&J enthusiast. Recipe here.
15. PB&J Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
Sorry arteries, I have a new friend and don’t need you anymore. Recipe here.
17. PB&J and Banana Waffle Sandwich
The banana seems like a BIT much, but the general concept is sound. Recipe here.
18. PB&J Cinnamon Rolls
Look at that cute pink glaze up in there. Recipe here.
19. Easy PB&J Ice Cream Cake
Ah, the power of Cool Whip. Recipe here.
20. PB&J Skillet Monkey Bread
Just snip up some Pillsbury biscuits, drizzle with nice things, and bake. Recipe here.
21. PB&J Sushi
Well, if that ain’t just the cutest gosh darn thing. Instructions here.
22. PB&J Ice Cream
A little labor-intensive, but those pink swirls are awful pretty. Recipe here.
23. Steamed PB&J Buns
Peanut butter BAO! Recipe here.
24. Braided PB&J Bread
Easy to make with some strategically placed pizza dough. Recipe here.
25. PB&J Ice Cream Sandwiches
Of COURSE these are from the beautiful buttery mind of Paula Deen. Recipe here.
26. PB&J Fudge
OR: Get a spoon. Eat some peanut butter. Just an idea. Recipe here.
27. Peanut Butter, Jelly, Bacon & Sriracha Burger
HELP WHAT’S HAPPENING? More info on this beast here.
28. PB&J Poutine
Perfect accompaniment to your PB&J Burger, from the Potato Champion truck in Portland.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›