1. Meatloaf may be homely, but it has a big heart.
2. Celery root has a lot going on behind those weird hairy squiggles.
4. “I am a strong, independent, beautiful chili cheese dog. I am a strong, independent…”
6. Ugly-chic is hot right now, and olive tapenade knows it.
8. Say what you want, but you can’t afford these truffles.
9. Tapioca has more important things to do than look in the mirror.
12. What chili lacks in looks, it makes up for in attitude.
15. Prunes may have lost their youthful beauty, but they’re still just as sweet.
16. If you don’t have anything nice to say about split pea soup, don’t say anything at all.
18. You might mean “plain” as an insult, but tofu doesn’t take it that way.
20. Lentils don’t get hung up on appearances.
22. Eggs Benedict really never asked if you think they’re cute.
23. Seitan doesn’t care about conforming to your standard of beauty.
24. Guacamole may not be gorgeous, but it gets invited to all the hippest parties.
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- The second pilot who was ejected from the downed Russian warplane near Syria's border Tuesday is alive and has returned to base, Russian officials say. ›
- And it's been 100 years since the anniversary of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity. ›