1. Steel-Cut Oatmeal
Steel-cut oats make the mother of all oatmeals, but they take way longer to cook than the rolled kind. A slow cooker means you can let them do their thing overnight and have breakfast ready to go in the morning. Recipe here.
4. Apple Butter
Slow-cooking is a good way to get intense appley flavor. Makes a cute gift! Recipe here.
5. Make-Ahead Apple Pie Oatmeal
Any kind of breakfast with “pie” in the name seems like a good thing. Recipe here.
6. Apple Butter Yeast Rolls
A slow cooker is a handy set-it-and-forget-it way to make bread when you’re busy with other stuff. Recipe here.
9. Pho (Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup)
This takes some assembly work, but it’s the BEST kind of soup to warm you up in the winter. Recipe here.
10. Sausage Lasagna
You can layer the whole thing right into the slow cooker. Recipe here.
12. Chicken Stock
Making stock in a slow cooker is brilliant: You can let it simmer low and slooow unattended, which is how stock becomes delicious, without worrying about setting your house on fire. Recipe here.
13. Loaded Baked Potatoes
Let your taters bake while you’re at work. Recipe here.
15. Chocolate And Nutella Bread Pudding
Important. Recipe here.
17. Chocolate Fondue
This is a smartypants way to melt chocolate and keep it warm whilst dipping without having it burn or freak out and get weird. Recipe here.
18. Poached Pears In Caramel Sauce
Easy, terror-free caramel (with ginger fo extra excitement) is something we can all get behind. Get the recipe here.
19. Triple Chocolate Brownies
Oven, schmoven. Get the recipe here.
We've got your WKND covered.
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›