Homemade ice cream can be a pain in the neck, what with the bowl-freezing and the custard-cooking, but popsicles? You have NO excuse not to make popsicles. Just buy a mold (or rig up some Dixie cups), pour in various liquids that taste good, and wait for the magic to happen.
Here are some recipes to get you started on the path to pop stardom (SORRY).
1. Grapefruit And Strawberry Greyhound Poptail
“Poptail” is a fun way to say “cocktail in popsicle form,” which is a concept we can all get behind. Recipe here.
2. French 75 Popsicles
A classy frozen take on the French 75 (champagne, gin, lemon). Recipe here.
3. Bloody Mary Popsicles
Definitely breakfast-appropriate. Recipe here.
4. Blueberry Moonshine Popsicles
Bonus points if you brew the moonshine in your own bathtub. Recipe here.
5. Maple Brown Derby Cocktail Pops
A “Brown Derby” is traditionally made with grapefruit, honey, and bourbon. All inf favor of a maple syrup twist, though. Recipe here.
7. Cucumber Honeydew Margarita Popsicles
Very cool. Recipe here.
9. Pinot Noir Blackberry Ice Pops
Wine is great, but wine in popsicle form might be even greater. Recipe here.
10. Mojito Popsicles
Mint + lime + rum = a very good time. Recipe here.
12. Campari Citrus Popsicles
Campari (a bittersweet, bright red, and deeply awesome Italian aperitif, if you’re not familiar) makes a great teammate for grapefruit or orange juice. Recipe here.
16. “Firecracker” Berry Yogurt Pops
I’m eating this popsicle for AMERICA. Recipe here.
17. Dulce De Leche Lemon Popsicles
Condensed milk makes these smooth AND sassy. Recipe here.
18. Pink Grapefruit and Rosemary Popsicles
So very adult. Recipe here.
20. Blood Orange and Coconut Creamsicles
22. Mango Lassi Popsicles
Like a smoothie that found some backbone. Recipe here.
25. Roasted Sweet Corn Popsicles
Creamy but vegan (made with coconut milk). Recipe here.
26. Avocado Popsicles
Sounds weird, but avocado is a great base for desserts. Recipe here.
27. Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicles
With cute little graham cracker bottoms. Recipe here.
28. Healthy Nutella Fudge Pops
Four ingredients, infinite win. Recipe here.
31. Carrot Cake and Almond Butter Popsicles
Creamy and vegan thanks to almond butter + coconut milk. Recipe here.
32. Creamy Coconut-Maple Ice Pops
Coconut really does make the best popsicles. Recipe here.
- The Women's World Cup final is set: Team USA and Japan will play on Sunday ⚽️