1. So, have you heard about the new kind of pie that’s all the rage lately?
Recipe: Apple Pocket Pies
2. That’s right. We’re talkin’ HAND PIES.
Recipe: Blackberry Cardamom Hand Pies.
3. Hand pies, like their more traditional pie cousins, have flaky crusts and nice, juicy fillings.
Recipe: Apricot Blackberry Hand Pies
4. But these are tiny, teeny, eensie-weensie pies.
Recipe: Butternut Squash Hand Pies
5. So tiny they fit right in your hand!
Recipe: Cherry Cheese Hand Pies
7. …or savory.
8. You can make them in summer…
Recipe: Balsamic Raspberry Hand Pies
10. You can fold them into little half-moons…
11. …or lovely, zaftig pop-tart rectangles.
Recipe: Blueberry Hand Pies
12. You can cut out circular crusts…
Recipe: Raspberry Peach Hand Pies
15. …or let ‘em run wild and free-form.
Recipe: Plum & Coconut Empanadas
16. You can even fry them.
Hot oil is a dough’s best friend.
Recipe: Fried Fruit Pies
17. You can sneak a little cheese inside…
18. …or get them tipsy by adding booze.
Recipe: Bourbon Peach Hand Pies
19. You can use whatever kind of pastry strikes your fancy.
Even if it’s pretzels.
Recipe: Brie and Jam Pretzel Hand Pies
20. The only unbreakable rule of hand pies is that you — yes, you — must eat the entire thing. Without assistance.
Each freshly baked hand pie forms a strong emotional bond to the first person who touches it. To fail to eat the entire pie yourself if a betrayal of that bond.
Recipe: Sour Cherry Hand Pies
We've got your WKND covered.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Four people working for VICE News who were detained by Turkish authorities on Thursday while covering political clashes with police are set to face terrorism charges. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›