1. Spring Orecchiette Pasta with Burrata
Burrata, if you haven’t been introduced, is an amazing fresh cheese that’s basically mozzarella with a delightful puddle of cream on the inside. Get the recipe.
2. Green Goddess Potato Salad
Don’t worry, vegans — the creamy dressing is dairy-free. Get the recipe.
3. Grilled Asparagus Subs with Smoky French Dressing
Take a break, cheesesteak. Get the recipe.
4. Spicy Shrimp & Avocado Salad with Miso Dressing
A super bowl. Get the recipe.
5. Poached Arctic Char with Asparagus & Basil-Tarragon Mayonnaise
If you can’t find arctic char, salmon would be equally delicious. Get the recipe.
6. Potato & Peas Salad with Creamy Dill Dressing
With a few tangy, quick-pickled (“acidulated”) shallots to add a little bite. Get the recipe.
7. Quinoa, Avocado, Peas and Pistachio Salad With Pesto
That’s QAPPP to you. Get the recipe.
8. Bibb Lettuce & Radish Salad with Buttermilk Dressing
Fresh, simple, and happy to round out any meal. Get the recipe.
9. Toast with Lemony Pea Mash
Sort of like a super-springy version of hummus. Get the recipe.
10. Chickpea, Spring Onion & Kale Panzanella
The perfect seasonal transition dish: Enough bread to keep you comfy, with enough bright veggies to get you excited about eating healthier. Get the recipe.
11. Spring Veggie Pizza
This one’s loaded up with fava beans, fresh peas, asparagus, and basil (and eggs, of course). But you can use anything you find at the farmer’s market that looks good. Get the recipe.
12. Asparagus & Ramp Soup with Spelt Bread
13. Roasted Spring Vegetable & Quinoa Tacos with Dilly Guacamole
Roasted asparagus and fennel lay down a base for fresh garnishes. Get the recipe.
14. Minty Pea Soup
When you’re making a blended soup, there’s no reason not to use frozen peas instead of fresh, in the interest of efficiency (it’ll be just as springy and delicious). Get the recipe.
15. Asparagus Risotto Verde
This recipe includes a basic homemade vegetable broth (aka “brodo”), but if you’re in a hurry you can substitute store-bought.
16. Arugula with Roasted Salmon & New Potatoes
Dinner is served. Get the recipe.
17. Open-Faced Chicken Sandwiches with Green Pea Spread & Parmesan
Can we eat lunch outside today? Get the recipe.
18. Spring Peas with New Potatoes, Herbs & Watercress
The sweet thing about spring veggies is that they all sincerely like hanging out together. Get the recipe.
19. Shaved Asparagus & Mint Salad
Hazelnuts and cheese make this surprisingly satisfying. Get the recipe.
20. Spring Vegetable Paella
Asparagus, peas, artichoke hearts and white beans in the mix. Get the recipe.
21. White Bean Salad with Peas & Mint
Mint and peas were meant to be. Get the recipe.
22. Fresh Spring Salad with Poached Cod
Shaved candy-stripe (chioggia) beets are beautiful in salads. Get the recipe.
23. Grapefruit & Watercress Salad
Watercress has a great peppery bite that can stand up to citrus. Get the recipe.
24. Simple Garlic & Greens Soup with Sweet Potatoes
A good option if it’s technically maybe still winter, but you need something green. Get the recipe.
25. Fresh Peas & Pea Shoots with Spring Onions & Mint
Keep an eye out for pea shoots at the farmer’s market; they’re only around for a little while. Get the recipe.
26. Easy Ribbon Salad
A sharp peeler is the best way to address raw asparagus. Get the recipe.
27. Radish & Edamame Salad
28. Collard Roll-Ups with Coconut Curry Kale
Who needs sushi? Get the recipe.