1. Imagine you’ll make: healthy grilled fish.
Recipe: Spiced Salmon Kebabs
3. Imagine you’ll make: fancy pasta with seafood.
4. Actually eat: sad spaghetti with sauce from a jar.
One big glop, just how I like it.
5. Imagine you’ll make: gooey, crispy baked mac ‘n’ cheese.
Recipe: Martha’s Macaroni and Cheese
7. Imagine you’ll make: fried rice with a perfect sunny-side-up egg.
Recipe: Holy Basil Fried Rice
8. Actually eat: weird egg stuff.
Weird Egg Stuff is the official No. 1 food group of twentysomethings.
9. Imagine you’ll make: a beautiful pot of fresh vegetable soup.
Recipe: Soup au Pistou
10. Actually eat: soup from a can.
Pro tip: Adding the can to the pot infuses extra aluminum flavor.
11. Imagine you’ll make: amazing fried chicken and fluffy biscuits.
Recipe: Double-Dredged & Fried Chicken
12. Actually eat: breaded lumps filled with a mysterious chicken-like substance.
Which came first, the patty or the nug?
TRICK QUESTION. They were extruded at the same time and later formed by robots into meatshapes of differing size.
13. Imagine you’ll make: fancy rice salad.
14. Actually eat: some rice you forgot you had in your fridge from last weekend.
If you add soy sauce, it’s basically cooking.
15. Imagine you’ll make: delicious hand-made pizza with fresh veggies.
Recipe: Summer Vegetable Pizza
16. Actually eat: box-shaped frozen pizza from a box.
It’s not delivery; it’s despair.
17. Imagine you’ll make: gorgeous ramen with homemade noodles.
Recipe: Ramen at Home
18. Actually eat: instant noodles out of a styrofoam cup.
The bright side is that it’s a GREAT deal on your sodium intake for the day!
19. Imagine you’ll make: diet-friendly lettuce wraps.
Recipe: Asian Lettuce Wraps
20. Actually eat: a burrito as large as a kitten.
What? I was hungry.
21. Imagine you’ll make: pretty little dumplings you folded with your own two hands.
Recipe: Spring Vegetable Potstickers
22. Actually eat: mediocre takeout from the place down the street.
AND YET: Is there such a thing as an un-delicious dumpling? There is not.
23. Imagine you’ll make: a lovely tuna niçoise salad.
Recipe: Niçoise Potato Salad
24. Actually eat: tuna straight from the can.
It counts as a meal if you put peppers next to it?
25. Imagine you’ll make: a glorious, bacon-filled plate of pasta carbonara.
Recipe: Pasta Carbonara
26. Actually eat: some pasta you microwaved with cheese on it.
All Hail Cheesy Pasta, Lord Of The Night, Ruler Of Drunks.
27. Imagine you’ll make: adorable individual frittatas.
Recipe: Egg and Spinach Frittata Muffins
28. Actually eat: scrambled eggs with…stuff.
Shhhhh shhhhhhh don’t worry just cover it with hot sauce shhhhh
29. Imagine you’ll make: crispy quesadillas filled with lots of good stuff.
30. Actually eat: a tortilla with some Kraft singles on top.
Just please, please, unwrap them first. Please.
31. Imagine you’ll make: chicken skewers with yummy Thai peanut sauce.
32. Actually eat: peanut butter from the jar.
WE MEET AGAIN, MY OLD FRIEND
33. IN SUMMARY…
34. Always imagine you’ll make: real food.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›