1. You have been incredibly lost trying to find your T.A.’s office in P.O.T.
2. There was a 50/50 shot of your umbrella surviving a windy, rainy day.
3. When you ate a spicy beef wrap at Ovids.
4. When you found out how many calories are in the spicy beef wrap.
Don’t look. You don’t want to know.
5. Even if your finals were done by Tuesday morning, you always went to Willy T on the Wednesday night of finals week because you knew high jinks would ensue.
6. You then went outside to witness/participate in the Undie Run.
Don’t worry. It’s for charity.
7. You knew the Fine Arts library was clearly the superior library. If you could find a seat.
8. You ruefully stared down at the luxurious Smith, Ingles, and Baldwin Residence Halls from your 1960s disgusting shoebox of a dorm in Blanding or Kirwan Tower.
9. Forget Morgan Freeman, Everett McCorvey is the voice of God.
Just listen to that voice. He’s pretty great during commencement too.
10. When an Arts and Sciences major accidently wandered into the Engineering portion of campus and saw how nice it is.
11. You’ve sworn off UPS after they dared to feature the 1992 Duke v. Kentucky game in their NCAA tournament commercials.
Commercials aired during the NCAA tournament that Kentucky won by the way, bringing their grand total of tourney wins to 8 compared to Duke’s 4. Suck it Duke!
12. The Unforgettables did commercials urging you to buy locally grown produce.
13. Even after seeing these adorable commercials for 4 years straight, you still can’t pronounce Mingua correctly.
16. Football games? You mean tailgating parties.
17. You’re aware that the Chemistry-Physics building looks like a steamboat. And is an eyesore compared to the other beautiful brick buildings on campus.
(Well, maybe not White Hall)
18. You love Orange Leaf as much as Coach Cal.
Turns out he liked it so much he invested in the local franchises.
19. You’ve survived a ride from Radar. You’re not exactly sure where he came from or what his story is, but you were thankful for the ride.
20. You lost your Ho virginity at 2am on a Friday morning after purchasing the cheesy tots. It was embarrassing and delicious at the same time.
21. Midnight hockey games were the best.
Did we win? Who cares! A bunch of sweaty guys beat each other up on the ice while you drunkenly sang “Living on a Prayer”.
22. You knew at least one guy who had this poster hanging on his wall.
Looking good, Kentucky Alum Ashley Judd!
23. You had a love/hate relationship with Greek Sing.
You hated every moment of practice and prop building…but loved the actual event.
24. The AcoUstiKats sang at every on-campus event you attended.
25. You ate at K-Lair once your first semester and then never went back again.
26. But even as a senior, you would always bum a swipe from your younger friend/sorority little/frat pledge/frosh you randomly met in bio class for Commons breakfast.
27. You thought John Wall shots were disgusting but drank them anyway because fuck it, they’re blue and it’s John Wall!
28. Had a Friday class? Not in October and April you didn’t!
30. You can properly pronounce Paducah, Calipari, Versailles, and Chinoe.
31. …and know that South Broadway turns into Harrodsburg, South Limestone turns into Nicholasville, Versailles Road turns into West High which turns into Tates Creek, and Richmond Road turns into West Main which turns into Leestown Road.
So. God Damn. Confusing.
32. This was a commonly overheard conversation:
Person A: “Where are you from?”
Person B: “Cincinnati”
A: “Oh, in the city?”
B: “No…it’s northern Kentucky”.
33. If you were from Louisville, you were still passionately on one side or the other of the St. X/Trinity rivalry and discussed it often.
34. You’ve skipped night classes to attend the basketball lottery.
Sidenote: Get a better system UK! The Internet exists for a reason!
35. You rung up enormous bills at Kennedy’s your freshman year.
You ordered your books online the rest of your time at UK.
36. The basketball team may get all the credit, but you know the best sports team on campus is actually the cheerleading squad.
19 Championships?!? Not too shabby!
37. You know exactly where Coach Cal’s house is because the local news gave away the address the day he moved in.
Not bad, Coach.
38. Class canceled due to snow? There’s a better chance of hell freezing over.
But hey, you could go to Dairy Queen after class for half-price Blizzards.
39. Big Blue Madness was the best event you’ve ever been to in an arena.
This is just the first practice of the year. We take our basketball seriously.
40. You know all the words to My Old Kentucky Home and that it is as sacred as the National Anthem in your eyes.
Those who disrespect it will suffer the consequences. Lookin’ at you LSU!.