1. Geneva airport has a robot concierge
2. Here’s another one in London – look how happy it makes people
Half of the US workforce could be replaced by machines by 2033 according to an Oxford University study.
3. Rosie got a hospital job because she has a better attitude than you
Did you see all her smiley face stickers?
A forthcoming paper from Stuart Elliott, a visiting fellow at the OECD, puts the number of jobs at risk to robots at more like 80 per cent.
4. You can probably still get a job as a barber for the moment
On the other hand:
The bulk of ofﬁce and administrative support workers… are at risk
Osborne & Frey, 2013
5. Baxter’s got stacking these K’NEX toys nailed
6. Anyway, let’s face it, watching these robots do factory work is much more interesting than lending a hand
7. Do you really want to stack 400 pancakes a minute?
8. The next generation of robots will be even smaller and faster
These things are amazing
9. Frankly, the robots just look like they’re having much more fun doing your old job than you ever did
10. These warehouse robots from Kiva (bought by Amazon in 2012) even dance together after work
11. These little guys can get down Gangnam Style
12. The sad truth is, mass-produced robots will probably soon be better at most of your leisure pursuits than you are
13. Ok, he wins this round
But look how they gang up on him at the end…
14. And if you need a drink, there’s another robot that can help
15. But these robot chefs don’t want you in their kitchen
16. And don’t let me get started on the robot butchers
Whatever you do, don’t picket the robot butchers.
17. They have many double-sided blades
18. You don’t want to get this guy annoyed either
19. Or this one
20. But it’s ok, creative professions like the performing arts will be safe
21. Can you play 78-finger guitar like Z-Machines?
22. They’re getting better at drawing, too
23. Did we also mention they can fly?
24. They’re way nicer to old people than you
25. The march of the robots has been going on for years
Think about it. About 80 per cent of us used to work on farms. All of those jobs disappeared without the world ending.