1. You Know The Difference Between a Sconnie and a Coastie
Sconnie = student from Wisconsin
Coastie = student from the East or West Coast, can also include North Shore suburbs of Chicago. Sconnies love to hate on Coasties for their types of clothing, smartphones, and large puffy winter jackets.
2. You Judged People Based On Where They Lived Freshman Year
If you were a Sconnie, you wouldn’t be caught dead living in Statesider or Towers, the Coastie dorms. However, if you were a Coastie, you either lived in Statesider or Towers, or chose Sellery, Witte, or Ogg to be different . NOBODY wanted to live on Lakeshore.
3. Buying Badger Football Season Tickets Was THE WORST
7am on-sale time? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
4. Scanner Dan Has Yelled Something Questionably Offensive At You On State Street
“TIME TO FART!” and “I LOVE YOU!” are among his favorites. You stay classy, Scanner Dan.
5. You Thought You Were Dying Because of a UHS Diagnosis
I think I’m going to need a second opinion.
6. You Figured Out How To Avoid Walking Up Bascom, Especially in the Winter
Your tour guides told you walking up Bascom is the equivalent of burning off the calories of one cheeto. You think they are lying. It’s gotta be at least a full bag.
7. You Don’t Think of the Beach When Someone Mentions the SERF
5 flights of stairs for a 30 minute wait for the elliptical machine? Come on!
8. You Own Red and White Striped Overalls
An essential part of a Badger’s wardrobe.
9. Game Days Are the Best Days
FIRST AND TEN, WISCONSIN!
10. You’ve Pregamed at a Frat House on Langdon
Nothing like a free ice cold beer at 10am
11. You’ve Watched Bucky Complete Almost 100 Pushups in a Row
Bucky is invincible.
12. You Always Wanted to Play Culver’s Punt-Pass-Kick at Camp Randall
But you know you would fail miserably at the field goal attempt.
13. You’ve Yelled “Eat Sh*t” and “F*ck You” at Camp Randall
They can take away Swingtown, but they can’t take away our cheers.
14. Jump Around Is Your Weekly Workout
Pack it up, pack it in, let me begin!
15. You’ve Ordered Pokey Sticks at 3am
A true Gumby’s aficionado knows to order the Buy One Get One special
17. You Know That Fights Can Break Out in the Jin’s Chicken and Fish Line
Who are you trying to cut?
18. You Still Haven’t Found Better Shawarma and Hummus Than At MedCafe
Anyone who says MedCafe is overrated clearly hasn’t tried the lamb shawarma.
19. You’ve Experienced Weeks Where The Temperature Did Not Go Above Zero
Do we really still need to go to class with a -30 degree windchill?
20. But Once You Had That First 40 Degree Day in Spring
Unzipping your jacket never felt so good.
21. No Other School’s Halloween Celebrations Can Rival State Street Halloween
Friends from out of town always stayed with you for Halloween weekend, but you secretly didn’t want visitors.
22. You’ve Dropped A Class Because It Was Held at the UW Hospital
You expect me to wait for the 80 and ride it all the way to the last stop? In the snow? For some BS class about healthcare? No thanks.
23. You Thought Piccolo Pete Was Just an Orange Santa Clause Freshman Year
Rain or shine, always outside of the bookstore on Library Mall.
24. You Were Either a Memorial Person or a College Person
Memorial was soooooo much closer, but sometimes you just needed to pull an all nighter with Helen C. White.
25. You Had This Quote on Your AIM Profile or Facebook Page
And you probably bought the t-shirt from Sconnie.
26. You Love Bragging to Your Minnesota Friends That Wisconsin Has Held Onto Paul Bunyan’s Axe For Nine Straight Years
Not to mention bragging to everyone else about how this is the longest running college football rivalry. Suck on that Ohio State and Michigan.
27. You Told Your Parents You Needed Money on Your WisCard for Textbooks, but bought Spotted Cow at the Union Instead
BEST. BEER. EVER.
28. You’ve Skipped Class to Sit at the Terrace on a Beautiful Day
There really is nothing better.
29. You Took Map Reading or Hans Christian Andersen to Fill a Requirement, But Struggled to Pass
Don’t believe everything you read on UW Easy Class List Facebook group!
30. You’ve Woken Up Early to Go to the Farmers Market at the Capitol
KETTLE CORN! HOT SAUCE! CHEESY BREAD! FRIED CHEESE! CHEESE CURDS! SO. MUCH. CHEESE.
31. You’ve Taken an Artsy Picture of Union Terrace Chairs
And if you are lucky and sneaky enough, you have taken one home with you.
32. Your Name is Carved Into a Booth at KK
That is until they tore out the old booths and made it tacky.
33. You’ve Spent Your Tuesday nights at Bacon Night At Wando’s
$1 beers with a side of bacon? YES PLEASE.
34. Before Ending Up At State Street Brat’s for Flip Night
Make friends with the bartender so you never lose!
35. You Know the Best Place to Find Jersey Chasers is at KK
Admit it, you were kind of jealous of them.
36. You Bragged to Your Friends and Family About That One Time You Hung Out With Football Players
Who cares if they were third string?
37. Walking on Frozen Lake Mendota is a Must
Bonus points if you see someone ice fishing
38. You Spend All Year Looking Forward to Mifflin
And it makes you just a little sad when you realize this isn’t a thing anymore.
39. When You Graduated, You Sat on Abe Lincoln’s Lap
Nobody informed you that you’d be risking your life when climbing up there!
40. Although You Are Sad to Leave, You Had the Best 4 Years of Your Life, and You Would Not Change a Thing
Because, After All, Madison is the Greatest College Sports Town in America