1. You shouldn’t feel pressure to see, watch, read, or listen to anything in order to feel “cultured.” Love what you love, and explore the arts in whatever way that makes sense to you.
2. Your body doesn’t have to look a particular way.
3. You don’t need to have sex before or after a particular point. You do that when you feel it’s right.
4. You shouldn’t feel bad about having “too much” or “too little” sexual experience.
5. You don’t have to find love by any particular point. It happens when it does, if you’re open to it.
6. You don’t ever need to define your sexuality. It can be a fluid thing.
7. You don’t have to have sex at all.
8. You don’t need to be in a committed relationship at any particular point in your life.
9. You don’t ever need to get married.
10. You don’t ever need to be a parent.
11. And if you want to be a parent, it doesn’t have to be your biological child.
12. You don’t need to achieve major success by a specific point in your life. Success can come early, or late in life. And it’s something you have to define for yourself.
13. You don’t need to buy specific things to prove you’re an adult.
14. You don’t need to travel all over to be worldly.
15. You don’t need to have a career. You don’t have to define your life by your work, and you don’t have to feel like you need to do the same work all of your life.
16. You don’t have to be ashamed of any excess or lack of body hair.
17. You don’t have to be friends with everybody.
18. You don’t have to like what everyone else likes.
19. You don’t have to please everyone.
20. You shouldn’t ever feel like it’s too late to change your life.
21. You don’t have to let your mistakes (or successes) define you.
22. You don’t have to know everything.
23. You don’t need to drink or do drugs to have a good time.
24. You don’t need to be religious or spiritual. You don’t have to feel bad about being religious or spiritual either.
25. You don’t need to correct all of your flaws. It’s OK to be human.
Director of Quizzes and Games
Here Are The Top Stories
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- In 2011, the death of Mark Duggan - an unarmed black man - at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.