8. Convert your bedroom door into bookshelves.
9. Turn your pantry into a bookshelf.
Books > Food.
10. Staircases make great places for bookshelves.
There’s all that dead space!
13. Build a portal.
Might take some carpentry skills, but totally worth it. As seen at John W. Doull Books in Dartsmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
14. Make an arch or doorway.
So you can walk in and out of books for the rest of your life.
(This is a bookstore entrance in Lyon, France.)
15. Replace your closet with books.
Clothes — who needs ‘em??
21. Keep the sunlight out with impromptu book window shades.
24. Suspend them from the ceiling for the most epic mobile ever.
28. Block the door with them for the utmost in home security.
No one is ever getting in.
29. Stack ‘em in the corner.
Books are the only things that don’t create clutter. They look great however, wherever, they are.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›