8. Convert your bedroom door into bookshelves.
10. Staircases make great places for bookshelves.
There’s all that dead space!
13. Build a portal.
Might take some carpentry skills, but totally worth it. As seen at John W. Doull Books in Dartsmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada.
14. Make an arch or doorway.
So you can walk in and out of books for the rest of your life.
(This is a bookstore entrance in Lyon, France.)
15. Replace your closet with books.
Clothes — who needs ‘em??
24. Suspend them from the ceiling for the most epic mobile ever.
28. Block the door with them for the utmost in home security.
No one is ever getting in.
29. Stack ‘em in the corner.
Books are the only things that don’t create clutter. They look great however, wherever, they are.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China will cut its military personnel by 300,000, shrinking the forces to 2 million people. President Xi Jinping called it a gesture of peace. ›