7. Store your salsa and marinara sauce jars upside down in the fridge.
It’ll prevent mold from sprouting up.
24. When washing your jeans, turn them inside out and marinate them in vinegar before washing.
This is especially important for dark jeans that you don’t want to fade. Fill a sink up with water and add a cup of distilled white vinegar. Allow the jeans to marinate in for about an hour.
26. Only use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste every time you brush your teeth.
27. Sharpen your razor on a pair of jeans to make them last longer.
Run the razor (away from you), along the length of a pair of old jeans, about 10-20 times. Now turn the razor and push the razor toward you another 10-20 times.
Also, always remember to dry off your razor completely after using in the shower.
28. To keep your hair dryer from crapping out, suck the debris out of the back vents with your vacuum nozzle.
This will keep the hair dryer from overheating, which can lead to your dryer shorting out.
29. Alternate between two different pairs of shoes everyday.
This allows your shoes to decompress and dry out from the moisture and sweat. This tip is especially important for running shoes. So if you chronically go through shoes, this is a great solution to ensure that your shoes last as long as possible.
30. Here’s how to keep your dry erase markers writing beautifully, longer:
32. Keep the needles from falling off your Christmas tree by submerging the cut end in a pint of water with one capful of bleach.
However, DON’T do this if the roots are still on your tree. Or if you have pets who might end up drinking the water.
34. Keep your laptop unplugged when not in use to ensure the battery lasts as long as possible.
Especially your Macbook. To quote from Apple’s Website: “Apple does not recommend leaving your portable plugged in all the time.”
If your battery life keeps getting shorter, it might be time to recalibrate your battery.
Connect With DIYLike Us On Facebook Follow Us On Pinterest Follow Us On Twitter Follow Us On Instagram Follow Us On Apple News
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at