The Bellabaci Cup claims to “help relieve muscle soreness, joint pain, and decrease cellulite” by increasing circulation.
2. For Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis
Eat ginger before taking ibuprofen. Ginger is an anti-inflammatory that significantly reduces the production of cytokines.
3. For Minor Burns
Accidentally touched a hot stove? Mustard helps numb and suck the heat out of minor burns. Use honey while it’s healing to prevent scars.
4. For Shin Splints, Runner’s Knee, and Ankle Sprain
Learn how to apply Kinesio Tex Tape here.
5. For Splinters
Remove a splinter easily by applying a paste of baking soda and water, then waiting several minutes for the splinter to pop out of the skin.
6. For Canker Sores and Sore Throats
Mix one part Maalox, one part Children’s Benadryl, and gargle with the solution.
7. For Charlie Horses
Get your finger wet, dip it in salt, and lick it off. Apparently, you can also pour Morton salt into your socks before going to bed.
8. For Wisdom Tooth Pain
You’ll need cloves, cinnamon sticks, ginger root, and honey to make this tea. Get the full recipe here.
9. For Sensitive Ear Piercings
If your earlobes get sore from wearing earrings, dip the posts in Vaseline.
10. For an Earache
Wrap a cheese cloth around half of an onion and put it over your ear.
11. For Sore Breasts During Breastfeeding
Placing cabbage leaves over your breasts will quell the pain and swelling. Please note though, that use of cabbage leaves should be done only toward the end of weaning, when the goal is to dry up your milk. Read more about it here.
12. For Arthritis
Something about the sulfites or the juniper berries or something. Soak raisins in gin and munch on the raisins. Get the directions here.
14. For Ingrown Toenails
Soak the affected toe in salty water for 20 minutes. Then cut the corner of your toenail with a nail toe cutter. Clean the nail off with a hydrogen peroxide-soaked cottonball. Once completely dry, add a little salt.
16. For Tension Headaches
Bite down on a pencil.
17. For Insect Bites
Applying Orajel should stop the itching immediately.
18. For Painful, Below-the-Surface Zits
According to this blogger, “The big ugly painful one had shrunk significantly and the other two had finally come to head” after dabbing some Vicks VapoRub on.
19. For Food Poisoning and Hangovers
Activated charcoal capsules will absorb unwanted chemicals and toxins in your stomach.
20. For Wasp and Bee Stings
Slice an onion in half and rub on. It should take the pain and swelling away.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?