2. Attach streamers, feathers, tinsel, and any other long stringy sparkly things to them.
5. Freeze water ballons and use them to keep drinks cold at a party.
Your new party trick. When the water melts, just throw them back into the freezer.
6. Make your guests do a little work if they want to find out where the party is.
8. Create a balloon drop.
Basically a small-scale version of…
12. Give someone the gift of bubblegum.
Your valentine will think you are impossibly clever. Directions here.
15. Put LED light bulbs in them.
Just make sure the bulbs aren’t breakable in case one of them comes crashing down due to a popped balloon.
18. Give the kids a super durable bouncy ball to play with.
Get the directions on how to make this using balloons here.
19. Make a giant strawberry party decoration.
All you need is green construction paper and a sharpie.
24. Use them as molds for twine ball lights.
Get the DIY here.
25. Turn your favorite little one into a walking apple tree.
26. Use a balloon as a mold for a votive holder made from a doily.
All you need is a balloon, a doily, and sugar starch.
27. Hang them from the rafters with macramè.
Get the directions here.
28. Run a threaded needle through the tied end of the balloon to string them together.
29. Wrap them in cellophane and put them on sticks to make giant lollipops for a candy-themed party.
31. Freeze an LED tea light into a water balloon to create a winter “fire and ice” lantern.
Add food coloring if you want them to be colored.
32. Make a water balloon to end all water balloons.