1. Provide pillows if you’re using uncomfortable outdoor seats.
Many outdoor seats are wrought iron or wood, which can get uncomfortable if you’re sitting on them for long periods of time. The pillows also add an extra decorative touch.
2. Warn your guests ahead of time about appropriate footwear if they’re going to be walking in the grass.
Just a little note on the invite should be sufficient.
Heel covers are also a thing that exists.
3. Or give your bridesmaids cement blocks to stand on so they don’t sink into the grass.
9. Be sure to have snacks and water for the bridesmaids.
Between hair, makeup, and photos, your bridesmaids don’t have much time to drink water and eat, which is especially important on a super hot day. Plan a short break before showtime. You don’t want anyone fainting on you.
10. If it’s reeeaaally hot out, make sure your florist is misting the flowers to keep them cool.
11. Spray a heavy-duty fixative to protect your makeup.
People who do costume and theatrical makeup swear by Ben Nye’s Final Seal product.
13. Provide wet towelettes and cooling face mist if it’s going to be a scorcher.
14. Instead of chairs, throw brightly-colored blankets and quilts over bales of hay.
17. Consider high-velocity blower fans.
They provide a powerful breeze on a hot day. Just be sure to test them for noise.
21. Put camping lanterns underneath table cloths for a glowing evening lighting idea.
25. A basket of vintage handkerchiefs is a cute way to provide relief from excessive tears or beads of sweat on an impossibly hot day.
26. Make a simple entrance or photobooth backdrop with lace curtains.
27. Just a photo frame dangling from ribbons off of a tree can also serve as a cheap and easy photo booth.
28. Refashion thrift store dressers as a dessert table.
The dressers overflowing with flowers are a lovely touch.
29. Use cute cupcake wrappers to keep bugs out of your guests’ beverages.
31. Have sunscreen available in pretty dispensers or spray bottles.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›