1. Insanely Easy Knotted Ponytail
Get the full instructions here. This hairstyle works as a super-polished look, or you can tease up the ends for a more disheveled look.
This is THE hairstyle if you’ve got a picnic date coming up.
3. Twisted Updo
This one’s a little complicated, but it’s so ideal with an elegant, backless dress for a night time event. Get the full instructions here. You’ll need: curling iron, sectioning clips, teasing comb or brush, clear elastic rubber band, bobby pins, and light to medium holding hairspray.
4. Braid-Wrapped Ponytail
Use an extra rubber band and bobby pins to secure the braids.
5. Braided Bun
Put your hair in a ponytail, and divide the ponytail into two braids. Proceed to twist the braids into a bun, and pin.
6. Messy Bun/Ponytail Hybrid
This is like, the best hairstyle for the gym. You don’t want your ponytail whipping around at you while you’re moving, and a bun can feel heavy on the head.
7. Ballerina Braid Bun
Get the full directions at The Beauty Department. It definitely takes some coordination to be able to French braid the back of your head upside down.
8. A Ponytail with Height
Get the full tutorial here, which they claim only takes “minutes.” These photos make me want to re-ombre my hair.
9. Braided Updo
Braided Updo Tutorial Courtesy of Keiko Lynn. Pretty adorable if you’ve got some grown-out bangs that are ready for side-sweeping. I not only want to try this hairstyle, but this makeup look as well.
10. Another Braided Bun
Take your bangs from hipstery to prim and proper. Get the full tutorial here.
Get the full tutorial here, which you’ll need if you’re not used to complicated braids.
13. Maiden Braids
Maiden braids are the key to getting that Disney princess look. Click here for the full tutorial.
14. The Messy Twist
Loosely French braid one side, and tie into a side ponytail. Tease the ponytail and wrap into a low chignon; attach with bobby pins.
15. The Side Braid
Get the full tutorial here. Essentially, you are French braiding, but only grabbing new hair from one side.
16. Twisty Buns
You can stick all kinds of crazy things into this trio of buns, like flowers or little bows. This style is also a neat way to tame out-of-control curly hair. Get the directions here.
Watch a tutorial here.
18. The Quick Twist for Short to Medium Hair
Get the full directions here.
19. Reverse Crown Braid
Since you’re tucking the ends in, this style could be easily accomplished if you have shoulder-length hair. Go here for the full instructions.
20. Braided-Back Bun
Go to Refinery 29 for full instructions and 2 other easy braided updo ideas.
21. Turn a Head Scarf into a Turban
If you’re having a bad hair day, may as well channel your inner Jambi.
22. An Updated Chignon
23. Side Chignon for Medium-Length Hair
Get the full tutorial at Martha Stewart Weddings.
24. Double Boho Braid
You can incorporate all kinds of ribbons and twine into this messy braided hair do. Get the directions here.
25. Cascade Braids for Medium-Length Hair
Get the full tutorial here.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️