6. Set a song you absolutely loathe as your wake-up song.
On the flip side, you could instead choose an invigorating, positive song that will empower you to get up and take the day on by the bullhorns, start living, etc.
10. Start reading your email once your alarm goes off.
Bonus: Stop checking your email starting at 8 p.m. the previous evening. By morning, it’ll be chock-full of annoying and stressful things you’ll have to deal with. Just seeing your boss’ name will jolt you into alertness.
11. Resort to thinking of yourself as a dog.
Try the Pavlovian method of training yourself to get up immediately.
When you’ve got yourself some free time during the day:
1. Set yourself up for bed.
2. Set your alarm for a few minutes from now. Pretend like you’re actually sleeping.
3. When the alarm rings, get up immediately and do exactly what you’d expect yourself to do when you wake up, like shut off the alarm, stretch, walk to the bathroom, etc.
Repeat the above steps at least five times. Read more about it here.
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."