1. Make oatmeal with your Keurig machine.
If you own a Keurig machine, you’re already one step ahead of everyone else in the morning shortcut game.
2. Put up a small corner clothing rail so you can plan your outfits for the week.
On Sunday, pick out everything you want to wear. Makes getting dressed in the morning so much easier.
3. Try an innovative alarm clock like the SleepCycle app for the iPhone.
This bio-alarm clock measures your sleep cycle and wakes you up at the lightest point in your sleep — meaning no more groggy mornings.
4. Turn leftover fruit salad into smoothie ice cubes that you can mix with milk or juice for an extremely quick morning smoothie.
This is also a great way to ensure that no fruit or produce goes wasted.
5. Discover the convenient deliciousness of cold brew iced coffee.
Make a big batch of cold brew iced coffee ahead of time and keep it in the fridge. It basically makes a strong coffee concentrate that you simply mix with water, milk and ice to create an exceptionally awesome glass of iced coffee.
6. Don’t drink coffee? Keep a batch of brewed green tea in the fridge and use it in your smoothies.
7. Invest in a satin pillowcase.
Your hair will be less frizzy and less knotty — eliminating precious brushing and styling time in the morning.
8. Save time on your beauty routine by applying an overnight mask.
You’ll wake up with nourished, hydrated skin — eliminating the need to apply a bunch of preventative products in the morning.
9. Keep an obnoxious-sounding alarm clock across the room so you’re forced to get up and turn it off.
10. Alternatively, use the Morning Routine app, an alarm that makes you scan bar codes before it turns off.
Set it to turn off only when you’ve scanned the Listerine bottle in the bathroom to get you on your feet.
11. Make an eyeliner template out of a post-it note.
Perfect cateye every morning.
12. Dry-shave your legs with lotion.
You will need water to rinse the razor, but it spares you the trouble of having to hop in the shower. And your legs will feel incredibly smooth afterwards.
14. Warm up your eyeliner before applying it.
It’s the key to a smooth application. So while you’re doing other stuff, like brushing your teeth or putting your contacts in, stick your eye makeup in the waistband of your pants. Your body heat will warm it up.
15. Bake a batch of breakfast muffins and throw them in the freezer.
They only take a minute in the microwave to warm back up.
- Clashes have erupted between protesters and police in the Ukrainian capital, Kiev, over a draft law to give special status to separatist regions. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›
- Palmyra's 2,000-year-old Temple of Bel is still standing despite an attempt by ISIS to blow it up, Syria's antiquities chief has said.›