2. Swap out your showerhead for this amazing one.
$159 from Zoe Industries.
3. Remove your fake drawers and make them functional.
How clever is this??
[Photo: Hastings Tile and Bath]
4. Install in-counter storage for your fruits, bread, and vegetables.
5. Save space with drying racks in your laundry room that disappear into the wall after use.
6. Split a regular door into dutch half doors.
Great if you have kids and/or pets. You can keep them in/out while still being able to monitor what’s going on in the room. Get a DIY for this project here.
8. Heat sensing tiles will turn every shower into an Aurora Borealis of color.
Get them here.
9. Add a half table over a toilet paper holder to save space in a small bathroom.
10. Recessed outlets mean that your furniture can actually sit up against the wall.
More information about this product here.
12. You could also install your outlets underneath your kitchen cabinets so they don’t interfere with the backsplash.
13. Give your appliances an expensive-looking makeover with stainless steel contact paper.
Check out the DIY here.
14. Slide out drawers in the kitchen provide easy access for spices and condiments.
15. If your garage is adjacent to your kitchen or pantry, insert a small door for a super easy way to load groceries.
16. Build a porthole/tunnel into the wall to connect two rooms.
A super fun idea for connecting a playroom to the living room, or to provide an easy way to access two kids’ rooms.
18. Instead of bunk beds, opt for space-saving murphy beds in a kids’ room or guest room.
19. This simple outdoor shower is perfect for a beach house.
Buy it here.
20. Add a cabinet to any dead space in your kitchen or laundry room for cleaning supplies.
This barely takes up any space!
21. Replace your house numbers with a modern font.
The ones on the right are available from Design Within Reach.
22. Make signs for the bathroom so your guests know where to go.
This crafter found the wooden replicas at Michael’s and painted them black.
23. Add a window seat to the landing of your staircase.
24. Light up your front or back porch with a chandelier.
26. Use your kitchen drawers for a cutting board/scraps disposal station.
28. Missing a skylight? Get a Sun Tunnel.
These are REAL, although you do need a certified roofer to install.
29. Install a slide-away “step” in your bathroom baseboard to solve your short person problems.
You can just slide it away when not in use instead of constantly tripping over the stool. There’s a DIY available here.
30. Stools on hinges inside of a kitchen island or bar are a total space-saver.
32. Mirrored tiles are a great substitute for a windowless room.
Left: mirrored subway tiles for a small dressing room or bathroom.
Right: a paned mirror that gives the illusion of light in a windowless basement.