2. First things first: Whip up some classy invitations. Here are some cool ones.
Get these on Etsy.
5. Ask that rich friend if you can use their giant old mansion.
Or rent out the Oheka Castle on Long Island.
7. Most importantly, you need the perfect dress with Art Deco details.
Top: $3,000 from BHLDN.com
Bottom: $1,200 from BHLDN.com
11. Find the right headpiece, preferably a headband or a feather fascinator.
$225 from Etsy
Here’s a tutorial.
17. Pretty rhinestone accents for their hair.
Top: $50 from Etsy
Bottom: $35 from Etsy
18. Make them wear feather boas and cloché hats if you want to get really authentic.
22. The groom should rival Robert Redford in debonaire.
23. How clever is this airplane boutonniere??
24. Hand out feathered headbands to your guests.
Photo by Weddings by Two.
26. Or at least have some Art Deco detailing.
Photo by Hazelnut Photography.
28. Pair with black-and-white desserts.
Photo by Derek McClure.
29. Accordion-pleated tissue paper makes for an easy and inexpensive party decoration.
Photo by Judy Pak.
30. Other viable motifs include vintage suitcases and old cameras.
Photo by Ben Blood.
31. Tables could be littered with pearls and crystals.
Photo by Mark Ammon.
33. Unless, of course, you’ve managed to find sequined tablecloths.
Photo by Yasmin Khajavi Photography.
37. Serve liquor out of vintage decanters.
“It’s a great advantage not to drink among hard drinking people.”
38. Signature cocktails include gin rickeys, champagne juleps, and sidecars.
Get the recipes here.
41. When guests get sick of doing the Charleston, give them the option of playing drunk badminton.
A vintage badminton set is mandatory.
43. Or set up a typewriter so your guests can type you their well wishes.
Photo by Lisa O’Dwyer.
47. While the party continues all night long….
We've got your WKND covered.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›