According to this Quora thread, these are the most exciting new products that people don’t seem to know about yet.
1. Ultra-Ever Dry Waterproof Coating
2. Lockitron: The Remote Entryway Lock System
Lock and unlock your door from your smartphone. Preorder it here for $179.
3. PaperKarma: The Junk Mail-Eliminating App
Take a photo of your unwanted mail, upload it to the app, and you will automatically be removed from their distribution lists.
4. Senz: The Stormproof Umbrella
“Designed with the principles of aerodynamics, senz can handle speeds of up to 60km/h without inverting and does not compromise on the look and feel.” It’s also extended in the rear to protect you from wind and angled rainfall.
Buy it here for $39.95.
5. The Ping-Pong Door
It’ll cost you about 990 euros, but that’s the high price you pay for ingenuity. Contact Tobias Fraenzel for more info.
6. A Solar-Powered Camping Tent
7. Deglon Stainless Steel Nesting Knives with Knife Block
At a whopping $892, it’s the wedding gift you buy for the couple that already has everything.
8. The Sky Wi-Fi Smartpen
This pen will store everything you draw or write with it electronically, up to 8GB worth. Buy it here for $249.95.
9. The Biolite Camping Stove
“If you’ve gone camping before, you’ve probably used a propane cooker or propane lantern. It works, but propane gives off toxic gases when burned and you have to bring propane canisters with you — heavy, flammable, and what if you run out? Biolite CampStove solves this problem. Just use twigs and wood chips you find anywhere, and you have clean-burning fire and electricity.”
10. The Slamdoor
The Slamdoor is a set of nesting doors that easily adapts to the heights of growing children. Buy it here.
11. The No-Blind-Spot Rearview Mirror
This mirror features a 180° panoramic view that allows the driver to continuously monitor adjacent vehicles when merging or changing lanes without turning his or her head. Get it here for $59.95.
12. Hook-On Balcony Planters
13. Blinker Grips: Blinkers for Your Bike
Get them here for £42.00.
14. 3Doodler: The 3D Printing Pen
Your doodles come to life with this insane pen. Preorder it here for $99.
15. Sugru: The Magical Play Dough
16. TalkTo: An App That Lets You Interact with Any Business
Get the store hours or the daily soup selection without even talking to a human being.
17. A Heated Butter Knife
Did you know that a poll “of 3,000 people revealed 1 percent of Brits — all of them men — have even resorted to heating the spread with a hair dryer to combat the problem”? Tragic, really. Problem solved with the Warburton’s Toastie Knife.
18. The Kitchen Safe
Avoid snack temptations and control playtime with this timed kitchen safe. Get it here for $39.95.
19. Remee: A Lucid Dreaming Sleeping Mask
This featherlight sleeping mask has LED lights that wake up your mind but not your body, allowing you to peacefully achieve lucid dreams. Order one here.
20. Shreddies: Flatulence-Filtering Underwear
21. Neo-Cover: A Magnetic Light Switch Cover
22. The Lumi Kit: A Fabric Printer
Print your iPhone photos onto fabric using sunlight. Get it here for $59.95.
23. Justick: An Electro-Adhesive Bulletin Board
This bulletin board holds paper with electrostatic force, so no tape, staples, pins, or tacks are needed. You can get them at Office Max.
24. Tile: The Tagging App That Ensures You’ll Never Lose Your Important Stuff Again
Keep track of all your most prized possessions. Just stick the tiles to things you’re likely to lose and you can keep track of them with your app. There’s also a lost-and-found community feature, in case your stuff gets stolen. Buy the system here.
25. The Cubby: A Hook and Cubby Shelf in One
Get a two-pack for just $44 here.
26. The Scrubba: A Pocket-Sized Washing Machine
For world travelers and camper enthusiasts alike. Get one here for $64.95.