1. When you contour, it should look like streaky warpaint.
It shouldn’t cover your whole face. The magic happens when you blend it all in.
2. To avoid getting lipstick on your teeth, stick your finger in your mouth and pull it out.
Your finger will get the excess product, not your teeth.
3. Cover up dark circles by applying concealer in a triangle shape.
This technique gives saggy eye bags a bigger lift.
4. Color your entire lid with white eyeliner to make eyeshadow colors POP.
5. To look more awake, dust a little highlighting powder in these spots.
6. Use that same highlighter to accentuate your lips.
If you’re wearing a neutral, MLBB type of lip color, your lips can still pop.
7. Learn how to set your lipstick so it LASTS.
After you have applied your lipstick, hold a tissue over your lips and lightly dust translucent powder over the tissue.
8. Stick your eyelash curler in your bra while you’re getting ready for a longer lasting curl.
A warmed eyelash curler will work way better than a room temperature one. You could also stick it between your thighs if you’re sitting or use a little heat from a hair dryer for a few seconds if you’re in a hurry.
9. You should apply dry shampoo the evening before, not the morning of.
Apply dry shampoo BEFORE you go to bed. The tossing and turning will help to work it in, eliminating any white powder blotches, and you’ll wake up with more volume.
10. Use baby powder to get DIY falsies.
Between applying each coat of mascara, dip a Q-tip in baby powder and run across your lashes, focusing on the tips. The second coat will attach to the powder for a longer, fuller look.
11. Apply your lipliner like this to get an even Cupid’s bow shape.
12. Use white eyeliner to accentuate your cupid’s bow.
Just draw in a little V shape.
13. Get rid of split ends by twisting locks of hair and snipping the ones you see sticking out.
14. Here’s an incredibly fast, polished top knot you can do in your car.
1. Gather your hair up into a high ponytail at the top of your crown. Secure with an elastic.
2. Divide the ponytail ends into two sections and use both hands to twist each section down to the ends.
3. Wrap each twist in opposite directions around the base of your elastic. Make sure each twist is wrapped around evenly.
4. Secure with bobby pins.
15. Save money by making your own shellac manicure.
Get the lowdown from this blogger who swears by this method using three products you can find at any drugstore.
16. When going for a dramatic winged look, draw the outline of the shape, and then fill it in.
You’ll get a much more precise line.
17. Touch up a French manicure with a rubber band.
18. Use a business card to pull your lid up so you can get the mascara right to the base of your lashes.
Hold an old credit or business card above the upper lashes and wiggle the brush away back and forth at the roots.
You can also use it underneath the eyes to catch any eyeshadow fallout.
19. Drying your hair with a T-shirt instead of a towel can really help tame the frizzies.
A towel creates friction, which will cause tangles and split ends. Instead, after washing, squeeze the excess liquid out with a cotton T-shirt and wrap it onto your head.
20. Use a spoon to get the perfect wing shape for your eyeliner.
21. Forgo eyeshadow and instead, crosshatch gel liner onto lids and blend for long-lasting, budge-proof coverage.
22. Check your makeup when you get into your car.
The different light source will expose any makeup mistakes you might have missed in your bathroom.
23. Got bags? Use an orange primer under your concealer to cancel out the blue.
24. If you are doing a smoky look that involves a lot of blending, use one brush to apply and a clean one to blend.
This will keep your look from getting too muddy-looking.
25. Want to wear glitter nail polish without going through the pain-in-the-ass removal process?
Use Elmer’s glue as the base coat. The manicure will peel off neatly, and it supposedly can last up to a week!
26. Lip balm is the easiest way to get a mess-free manicure.
27. Use a white base coat, not a clear one, to get more vibrant nails.
If you ever get frustrated that a color doesn’t show up on your nails the way it looks in the bottle, a white base coat is all you need for more opacity.
28. Use pale frosted eyeshadow to get fuller, 3D lips.
29. To get a much more professional eyeshadow look, use Mac paint pot in Soft Ochre underneath.
Brush a coat of it on OVER your eyeshadow primer, before you start applying color.
30. Reuse your expensive mascara brushes.
Much of what you’re paying for when it comes to expensive mascara is the brush design, not the formula. Just clean it off and use it with a drugstore mascara to get a similar effect.
They’re also great for combing out lashes, or eliminating clumps after you’ve applied your mascara.
31. Rescue a dried-up mascara with a mug of boiling water.
Allow it to sit for five minutes. Not only will your mascara be revived, but it will be apply much more smoothly and clump-free.
32. You can do a super easy ombré job at home by putting your hair in a high ponytail.
Get the directions here.
33. Get an easy two-toned effect with your eyeliner by adding a light, bright color to the center of the eyelid.
34. Use this drawing technique to get the easiest, most natural smoky eye ever.
35. This one easy step will make your eyes brighter and more noticeable.
36. When applying mascara, sweep the brush toward your nose, not toward your temples.
It will make your eyes seem wider and more awake.
37. You can determine how thin or wide your nose looks by the way you shape your eyebrows.
The space between your eyebrows should correspond to how wide you want your nose to appear. Get the full tutorial here.
38. Turn any eyeliner pencil into super-intense gel liner.
39. Know where to apply your perfume so it lasts all day.
40. Here are two tricks to really getting your money’s worth out of your products:
Run out of mineral foundation? Pop open the bottom of your Bare Minerals powder foundation with a coin to get the rest out.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- The man accused in Friday's Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado made his first court appearance. Charges are expected to be formally filed on Dec. 9. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›