1. Classic Sectionals
Get this sectional in a soothing slate gray for classy canoodles. Starting at $6,024, from Bassett Furniture.
5. Uber-Deep Sofas
The self-proclaimed “deepest sofa in Seattle” is a whopping 55” deep. $2,780 from Couch Seattle.
9. The Cuddle Couch
For two-person sleepovers, if you know what I mean. From Elite.
10. The Movie-Pit Sofa
For the V.I.P. (Very Important Pedestal for wine glasses). From Tetran.
11. Elegant Tufted Couches
$7,195–$9,575 from Restoration Hardware.
15. Lived-In Basement Seating
It don’t need to be pretty, it just needs to get the job done. Get it here.
17. The DIY Home Theater Way
Two identical sofas smashed up against each other.
- President Obama addressed the 54-member African Union, a first for a sitting U.S. president. The speech marks the end of his historic five-day trip to East Africa.
- The Boy Scouts of America has ended its ban on gay leaders, two years after lifting a ban on gay youth members.
- Boston is no longer pursuing a bid to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
- The Arizona Cardinals have hired the NFL's first female coach.