1. Add a little black eyeliner in the crease, and in the inner corner.
And remember to BLEND! This look is created with green eyeshadow on the lid, and brown eyeshadow halfway up to the browbone, and then blended to create a softer, more natural eye.
2. Double your eyeliner.
Line your eyes with black eyeliner, and then top it with a thin strip of brightly colored eyeliner.
3. For a party-ready smoky eye, dab some glittery gold eyeshadow into the inner corners.
5. For long-lasting application on oily eyelids, apply a cream eyeshadow base underneath a gel eyeliner.
6. Forgo eyeshadow and instead, cross-hatch gel liner onto lids and blend for long-lasting, budge-proof coverage.
8. Apply black eyeshadow in a “whale” shape to create this winged smoky eye look.
If your eyelids tend to hood a bit at the outer corners, this eyeliner shape is more flattering than a linear cat eye.
9. Monolids can take advantage of this simple vertical gradient eyeshadow look.
If you’ve been following ye olde western makeup tutorials all your life, you might be familiar with the traditional “dark shadow in the outer corners” trick, which was always hard to get right without a lot of lid surface area. Instead, try using eyeshadow to make a gradient, with the darkest color closest to the lash line.
10. A really bright white eyeliner along the bottom waterline can look totally FUTURE.
Forget rimming the bottom waterline lightly with white eyeliner to make your eyes look bigger. Make it bright and obvious, like it was really meant to be there.
11. Layer bright blue and silver eyeshadow over black cream shadow for a dramatic look with depth.
Get more instructions here.
12. If you love to play with color, use different colored eyeliners on top and bottom.
14. Orange eyeshadow can look amazing when blended with a dark color on the outer corners.
15. Instead of adding a pop of color on the lids, add a little mint to the inner corner.
16. Create a more subtle winged effect by outlining the wing with liner and then blending.
17. When lining the bottom waterline, only bring the eyeliner three-fifths of the way back to the inner rim. It’ll open up the eye.
18. For a sleeker, more upturned effect, do the opposite and only line the bottom inner corner with black eyeliner.
19. As you can see, the way you apply eyeliner can really change the shape of your eyes.
And for a couple of interesting reads on Asian eye makeup…
Read Eye Makeup Tips for 14 Different Types of Asian Eyes, as well as Defining the Contour Area by Bun Bun Makeup Tips.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️