1. Store shoes underneath a bedskirt.
2. Hang molding on the walls to create a pretty shoe display.
Get the directions here.
3. Hang molding near the ceiling of a closet for your non-seasonal shoes.
4. Cover a shoe rack with a curtain.
A ribbon tie for the curtain adds an elegant touch.
5. Store them in an ottoman.
7. Store your shoes in shoeboxes with printed out Instagrams of your shoe collection.
12. Salvage some old school lockers for shoe storage in a boy’s bedroom.
13. Keep shoes in buckets.
If you’re not the most meticulously organized person in the world, this solution helps to keep shoes off the ground without taking up a lot of space. Just toss ‘em in when you’re doing a quick clutter cleanup.
14. Store your shoes in wine boxes under the bed.
Not the sturdiest solution, but the compartments fit summer shoes and sneakers perfectly.
17. Use recycling bins from Ikea to store shoes in an entryway.
They’re only $13 apiece from Ikea.
18. Take up unused space by putting up shelves in the corner of the garage.
19. Elastic shoe straps are a quirky and colorful way to hang your shoes on the wall.
These are $25 from Droog but you could attempt to make your own with wall pegs and bungee cords.
20. Hide shoes under a slipcovered bench.
What’s great about storing shoes underneath a bench is that you have a seat to sit on while putting them on.
21. This Ikea Komplement slide-out rack holds an impressive 16 pairs of shoes.
I own this, actually. While it is a pain in the ass to assemble, it does save a lot of space, and I love the fact that it slides out.
22. Use a large picture frame as a slide-out shoe drawer.
23. Implement a slide-out shoe rack.
Possibly easier said than done, but if you’re considering a remodel, it’s certainly a clever idea.
27. Display them in a large basket.
If you’ve got pretty slippers you want to show off.
28. Make a floating shoe rack.
Get the directions here.
30. Strategically use tension rods in the bottom of a closet.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️