2. Transform an IKEA Bookshelf
Jonathan Lo used inexpensive contact paper from Home Depot to give an IKEA bookshelf a much more high-end Danish modern look.
4. Decorate Panels of a Window Seat or Room Divider
Here are a couple of other ways to customize your IKEA furniture and make it look way more expensive.
5. Use Chalkboard Contact Paper as a Memo Board for the Fridge
7. Make a Chalkboard Table Runner to Label Dishes at a Party
8. Make a Wood-Grain Laptop Wrap
Get the directions here.
9. Make a New Kitchen Backsplash with Patterned Contact Paper
This is a nice temporary solution for a rental with a kitchen you aren’t too happy about.
10. Create Wall Organization out of Cardboard Tubes
Cover the cardboard tubes with wood grain contact paper. You could also use coffee canisters.
11. Invest in a Cricut Machine
The Cricut is a portable cutting machine that cuts letters, shapes, and phrases at the touch of a button. They range from $120-200. You can see more ideas on using a Cricut machine with contact paper here.
12. Make a Stencil out of Contact Paper for Screen Printing
Get the full tutorial here.
14. Create Window Films with Contact Paper and Paint Pens
16. Create an Eye-Catching Credenza
See the tutorial here.
23. Use Chalkboard Contact Paper as Temporary Birthday Party Decorations
25. Cover Old Vinyl Records and Make a Room Divider
Get more info over at Apartment Therapy.
28. Create a Geometric Table Top with Contact Paper and Plexiglass
Get the tutorial here.
Cute Resources for Contact Paper:
Toile contact paper, $7.95 for a roll of 18in x 9ft from Amazon.
Chic Shelf Paper is a good resource for contact paper. Costs between $2.50-5.75 per square foot.
I love this triangle patterned paper from Chic Shelf Paper.
Home Depot carries wood grain contact paper. This light oak contact paper costs $17.95 for a 18in x 75ft roll.
Etsy can be a good resource. This seller has vintage-inspired contact paper in damask and geometric patterns.
Holographic glitter contact paper! $90 for an 18 in x 49.5ft roll. Available from Designyourwall.com