Or you could do this disappearing headband variation.
12. The Five-Strand Dutch Braid
It’s like making a friendship bracelet in your hair.
Or The Scarf-Braided Pigtails
This is pretty much perfect summer picnic hair.
16. The Single Waterfall Braid
The best part is how it works on short hair. Directions here.
19. The Sailor’s Knot Braid
1) Divide hair into four sections and number them 1–4 from the left
2) No. 1 goes over No. 2
3) No. 3 goes over No. 4
4) No. 4 over No. 1
Or watch the video tutorial here.
21. Crown Braids Redux
Making each braid a different thickness gives an idiosyncratic twist to the crown braids.
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- New York's attorney general is looking into whether employees at fantasy sports sites might have won bets based on information not available to the public, the New York Times reports. ›